• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

RIVA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Someone at the meetup in Myrtle Beach had a Riva. Don't know if it was 510. Seems like there is a back order on these at Liberty flights (which seems 2 be where people buy them). Any opinions about the Riva. I "think" I want 2 buy one - lol - and if I do, why do I??????

You can get an Ego from www.ivape.net - Personal Vaporizers, Electronic Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, and Accessories. Its the same thing as a Riva, made by the same company. You'll have it in a day or two.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
Isn't the Riva a bigger battery to another type like the eGo is to a 510 or is it just another version of the eGo? I'm just as confuzzled as you, sorry! :) So many names for the same thing. Then you have the Tornado, which is also similar? And another site has The Lux....oh, my, they go on and on just to confuse us, I think.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Isn't the Riva a bigger battery to another type like the eGo is to a 510 or is it just another version of the eGo? I'm just as confuzzled as you, sorry! :) So many names for the same thing. Then you have the Tornado, which is also similar? And another site has The Lux....oh, my, they go on and on just to confuse us, I think.
The ego and Tornado were originally manufactured by Joye Tech they have 650mah batteries, Joye tried to ensare the market by making sellers agreee to a price term of around 80 dollars a kit, and their manufacturing quality has continued to drop over the last year, as batteries can tend to lose charge before their time (like the hello rivas) and the switch button can often get stuck "on" on the device. The Riva is the same device with an improved button manufactured by hello tech, they use a 680mah battery but are known to have a higher failure rate (hello's batteries and chargers aren't going over so well lately in supplier's return bins) the DSE ego is almost identical to the Riva as where it has the improved button and 680mah battery, however the Li-ion cell used is not the same as Hello's noteable failing battery and charger manufacturer, and thus far have shown almost zero defect in use, aside from the very first production batch, which was limited to around 50 units. - i recommend an SLB Ego for quality- overall they are all the same devices though.

there are also other company manufactured variants of the same ego battery structure ecig - the T-Rex, and the V-go among others... all the same device... the company that makes them is what's important... it's where the quality is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread