The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RIVA question

Discussion in 'South Carolina Vapers Forum' started by Pennyyoga, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pennyyoga

Pennyyoga Full Member

Someone at the meetup in Myrtle Beach had a Riva. Don't know if it was 510. Seems like there is a back order on these at Liberty flights (which seems 2 be where people buy them). Any opinions about the Riva. I "think" I want 2 buy one - lol - and if I do, why do I??????

2. Doctor Vapor

Doctor Vapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2009
    Charleston, SC USA
    You can get an Ego from www.ivape.net - Personal Vaporizers, Electronic Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, and Accessories. Its the same thing as a Riva, made by the same company. You'll have it in a day or two.

3. Pennyyoga

Pennyyoga Full Member

Thanks for replying. Is there anything I need to have with this when I get it????? DUH - still trying out new stuff!

4. Luvs5rugrats

Luvs5rugrats Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    The Lowcountry
    Isn't the Riva a bigger battery to another type like the eGo is to a 510 or is it just another version of the eGo? I'm just as confuzzled as you, sorry! :) So many names for the same thing. Then you have the Tornado, which is also similar? And another site has The Lux....oh, my, they go on and on just to confuse us, I think.

5. kno

kno Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2009
    Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
    The ego and Tornado were originally manufactured by Joye Tech they have 650mah batteries, Joye tried to ensare the market by making sellers agreee to a price term of around 80 dollars a kit, and their manufacturing quality has continued to drop over the last year, as batteries can tend to lose charge before their time (like the hello rivas) and the switch button can often get stuck "on" on the device. The Riva is the same device with an improved button manufactured by hello tech, they use a 680mah battery but are known to have a higher failure rate (hello's batteries and chargers aren't going over so well lately in supplier's return bins) the DSE ego is almost identical to the Riva as where it has the improved button and 680mah battery, however the Li-ion cell used is not the same as Hello's noteable failing battery and charger manufacturer, and thus far have shown almost zero defect in use, aside from the very first production batch, which was limited to around 50 units. - i recommend an SLB Ego for quality- overall they are all the same devices though.

there are also other company manufactured variants of the same ego battery structure ecig - the T-Rex, and the V-go among others... all the same device... the company that makes them is what's important... it's where the quality is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.