AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi all,

I am wanting to buy a mega battery that will give me the convenience of a Kr808 and the taste and vapor of a 510 so I am looking at getting a RIVA or an Ego. Which is better in terms of taste,vapor and overall satisfaction of vaping? Do these mega e-cigs produce more vapor on top of the longer battery life?

Where can I get genuine RIVAs? I know Heavens Gifts have genuine Egos and am considering buying it there if I go with the Ego. Anything wrong with Heavens Gifts Egos?

Also, is the tornado the same thing as the Ego?

Okay and for the patient amongst you pesevering with my 20 questions, are Riva attys and cartridges able to be used on the Ego and vice versa? I already know that the Ego uses standard 510 Attys and LR attys along with its own larger cartridges and type A and B attys.

Thanks

Anthony

Pamster

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I can answer a few of those questions, Heaven's gifts is in China so shipping might be a little slower then if you got it from a US supplier. Also the button on the riva is rubber and supposedly a little better, have heard of Ego's buttons having trouble getting stuck and what not. Eastmall is another vendor from China but they have the Riva for 40 bucks, I am pretty sure it's a genuine Riva too, but others can correct me if I am wrong. The Totally Wicked Tornado is the same as an ego, for parts and so on, but it's made specifically for them, just like the Riva Eastmall sells (as the EM Riva) is made specifically for them.

I am pretty sure the carts and atty's and cartos that fit on any 510 will fit on the Ego and Riva e cigs. Again someone else feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am pretty sure it's the same with batteries, but since the button IS on the battery if you get an ego battery you'll have a Ego button on a Riva. I have seen real Riva batteries, and Eastmall sells them too. Also I am not sure if the cones, that go on the atty's, are interchangable or not, so if someone can confirm that they are NOT interchangable I would be appreciative. :)

Glad you are doing some research before buying Anthony, I have been researching for about a week and a half and so far the Riva is what we're going to get. :) Will be ordering on September 1st. ;) Welcome to ECF! :D

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I can answer a few of those questions, Heaven's gifts is in China so shipping might be a little slower then if you got it from a US supplier. Also the button on the riva is rubber and supposedly a little better, have heard of Ego's buttons having trouble getting stuck and what not. Eastmall is another vendor from China but they have the Riva for 40 bucks, I am pretty sure it's a genuine Riva too, but others can correct me if I am wrong. The Totally Wicked Tornado is the same as an ego, for parts and so on, but it's made specifically for them, just like the Riva Eastmall sells (as the EM Riva) is made specifically for them.

I am pretty sure the carts and atty's and cartos that fit on any 510 will fit on the Ego and Riva e cigs. Again someone else feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am pretty sure it's the same with batteries, but since the button IS on the battery if you get an ego battery you'll have a Ego button on a Riva. I have seen real Riva batteries, and Eastmall sells them too. Also I am not sure if the cones, that go on the atty's, are interchangable or not, so if someone can confirm that they are NOT interchangable I would be appreciative. :)

Glad you are doing some research before buying Anthony, I have been researching for about a week and a half and so far the Riva is what we're going to get. :) Will be ordering on September 1st. ;) Welcome to ECF! :D

I think Pamster has it all correct.. Eastmall shipping takes about 7 days to make it to me here in Texas,, Pretty fast. But if you want 3 day go with US Supplier..

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

Thanks Pam this is great advice.

As I am in Australia China ships here just as quickly as any US supplier. Heavens Gifts has shipped to me quicker than an order I had put in with Vapor4life on the same day.

I've been researching the EM-RIVA from Eastmall and it looks pretty good. Their prices are cheap too especially with the LR attys that are $3 each. Are their attys as good as other suppliers? Any reason why they are cheaper? Attys from most places are usually in the $5-$6 ballpark.

I understand the RIVA has no LED light either.

I guess my dilemma between the two products (RIVA vs EGO) is that EGO is the genuine JOYE and I am a bit partial with designer syndrome. Joye has the name and the authentic product. A bit like buying Calvin Klien and a rip off that is just as good, maybe better, but made by an unknown.

Anthony

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
my personal experience, i have both Riva and Ego. they both produce the same, vapor and taste (IMO), the Riva has 100 mah battery. both 510 compatible. i do like the button on Riva better, but that is probably my only preference. hope you find want you want/need. good luck and happy vaping :)

Thanks for that. Yes, I've heard they are identical in every way except for some cosmetic and ergonomic considerations like that button.

The only problem I have with Eastmalls RIVA is that they don't appear to stock the XL battery whereas Heavens Gifts has XL 900 batteries for their Ego.

Anthony

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
The Riva does have an LED in the button, just like the eGos do. I have a Riva and some eGos, some mega. I think the longest lasting of those is the mega eGo, followed by the Riva and then the regular eGo. I do like the rubbery button on the Riva slightly better than the hard plastic on the eGos.

Not sure if it matters to you, but the metal part around the button is silver on the eGos and it's slightly recessed. On the Riva it is flush with the sides of the battery and is gold. I only mention this becasue while all of the eGo and Riva parts are interchangeable, if you put a Riva cone on an eGo battery, the metal trim isn't the same on the two.

Pamster

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The Riva does have an LED in the button, just like the eGos do. I have a Riva and some eGos, some mega. I think the longest lasting of those is the mega eGo, followed by the Riva and then the regular eGo. I do like the rubbery button on the Riva slightly better than the hard plastic on the eGos.

Not sure if it matters to you, but the metal part around the button is silver on the eGos and it's slightly recessed. On the Riva it is flush with the sides of the battery and is gold. I only mention this becasue while all of the eGo and Riva parts are interchangeable, if you put a Riva cone on an eGo battery, the metal trim isn't the same on the two.

Thanks UPinthehills! I had a feeling there was some difference. :D

Glad to be helpful Anthony! I hope you enjoy whichever model you decide is right for you. I think the Mega batteries for the Ego are pretty cool and probably last a lot longer, maybe what a few hours more? But that can be a factor when selecting a PV so weigh the pros and cons of what you want and get what you think will make you happy. Good luck!

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks UPinthehills! I had a feeling there was some difference. :D

Glad to be helpful Anthony! I hope you enjoy whichever model you decide is right for you. I think the Mega batteries for the Ego are pretty cool and probably last a lot longer, maybe what a few hours more? But that can be a factor when selecting a PV so weigh the pros and cons of what you want and get what you think will make you happy. Good luck!

Pam,

I got one of each lol. A friend and myself want to try both so we are getting the kits in both models and are going to take a battery from each. problem solved, best of both worlds! We even ordered one extra MEGA battery for the Ego for good measure. Such the newbie enthusiasts we are. Once we have trialled both we can decide from there which we prefer. I can't wait until the kits arrive!

I have to say, I know it is cosmetic but I like the idea of the ring being flush with the cone and battery rather than recessed so this may be the only reason I lean towards the RIVA in the end.

I got the EM-RIVA from Eastmall and the EGO from Heaven's Gifts.

Anthony

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I got a bit nervous when I tried to place an order on the Eastmall site just now. It redirected me to PayPal but it didn't open the PayPal site like I've experienced in the past. In fact Firefox blocked it. There was no PayPal logo on the page either. Is this normal and did it happen to you when you ordered from Eastmall? I just closed down the browsers and didn't complete my transaction... funny feeling about it. :unsure:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I got a bit nervous when I tried to place an order on the Eastmall site just now. It redirected me to PayPal but it didn't open the PayPal site like I've experienced in the past. In fact Firefox blocked it. There was no PayPal logo on the page either. Is this normal and did it happen to you when you ordered from Eastmall? I just closed down the browsers and didn't complete my transaction... funny feeling about it. :unsure:

I had the exact same problem. I was putting the order through at a friends place and I thought maybe the problem was his web browser and how he configured it. Once I went to 'check out' and then 'submit order' I would press on 'submit order' and nothing would happen. Then when I went to the order history I found that there were 3 of the same order sitting there waiting to be paid for.

I went home, and logged in and was able to make payment through Paypal and there were no problems. I still don't know what the problem was but I assumed it was my friends browser.

You will find your order is still there in the order history and might be there in triplicate.

I suggest sending them an email. Their customer service is brilliant.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread