Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Important COVID-19 update from River Supply Co.

As of March 31st 2020 our county, Ventura County has implemented a revised and extended version of their Stay Well At Home order. Unfortunately this order will impact us starting April 2nd 2020 and will momentarily prohibit the operation of River Supply Company. As of April 2nd till April 19th or otherwise noted, we will not be accepting any new orders. There will be no exception to this rule as this applies to all customers on all levels. Although we will not be in the office to answer phones, our Customer Service and Sales team is still working from home and can be contacted via email at,

Info@nicotineriver.com
    Sales@nicotineriver.com

In these unusual times River Supply Co. is dedicated to abiding by all local, state, and federal laws as their main purpose is simply to keep our communities safe. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As much as I thought about how and when our supply of nic could get choked off, I never thought of this virus and the wide ranging effects.

IKR, I'm so glad I don't have to worry about this.

What I do worry about is this situation getting so bad that it affects electrical and water. I'm serious.

I may have to do some digging down below the frost line soon as a precaution. :lol: Last I checked, in my area, that's about 30 feet o_O

Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I was glad that I got my flavor order in (got some great deals on PUR flavors) before all this craziness started but was sad to see their email. I am also saddened to hear that vape shops aren’t considered essential businesses. I mean the local dispensary is open for curbside pick up to anyone but the vape shop that provides a life saving alternative to smoking can’t stay open? I guess the one silver lining is at least all the media demonizing of vaping has stopped because of the virus, but on the other hand vaping shops aren’t able to operate. I’m hoping there are other options for people to order online from shops in a different state

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I guess the one silver lining is at least all the media demonizing of vaping has stopped because of the virus

Nope, they are still attacking vaping. The House Oversight Committee is urging the FDA to ban vape sales based on unscientific feelings.

Oversight Committee urges FDA to ban e-cigarettes, vaping over coronavirus risks

Many/most politicians are proving to us they are worthless on so many levels during this pandemic. Just sucking money from the system...with a pension waiting for them when they retire.

It also proves that they intend to attack vaping at all costs.

I personally don't believe it will happen because they are only attacking vaping, not smoking, but that's not the point.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Nope, they are still attacking vaping. The House Oversight Committee is urging the FDA to ban vape sales based on unscientific feelings.

Oversight Committee urges FDA to ban e-cigarettes, vaping over coronavirus risks

Many/most politicians are proving to us they are worthless on so many levels during this pandemic. Just sucking money from the system...with a pension waiting for them when they retire.

It also proves that they intend to attack vaping at all costs.

I personally don't believe it will happen because they are only attacking vaping, not smoking, but that's not the point.

That’s disappointing. Honey, I haven’t been keeping up with the news lately. Of course I know about the pandemic and we are sheltering in place but haven’t actively been reading or watching news. It’s too scary and depressing and my family will tell me if there’s anything I need to know.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That’s disappointing. Honey, I haven’t been keeping up with the news lately. Of course I know about the pandemic and we are sheltering in place but haven’t actively been reading or watching news. It’s too scary and depressing and my family will tell me if there’s anything I need to know.

Most people probably don't know about it. I only know because someone posted about it on another thread.

Also, FYI, deeming regs are very likely to be postponed until September (but that's not been decided yet.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    What I do worry about is this situation getting so bad that it affects electrical and water.
    This. How long until a power company, a water company, a sewage treatment plant, or a factory that produces food needs something to keep operating that they can't get, because some bureaucrat decided the producer of that thing is "non essential"?

Last edited:

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    This. How long until a power company, a water company, a sewage treatment plant, or a factory that produces food needs something to keep operating that they can't get, because some bureaucrat decided the producer of that thing is "non essential"?

They are trying hard to up the death count. I suppose water could become non essential or something. Could work out.

But these type of ideas are just all around scary so I will think about it when it happens, IF it happens and well, who knows.

Anna

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    What, you've never heard of permafrost? :laugh:
    yukon-jack-perma-frost-peppermint-schnapps__99890.1517091080.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread