Status
Not open for further replies.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
i picked up an RM2 with a purchase in the classies. When I went to put a coil in, instead of unscrewing the pin in the left leg, the whole leg came out. Now I can't get the pin back in so it faces North/South as the right pin does. Also, the white lining on the floor of the atty is lifted up around the edges. I'm wondering if I should just take it out, or glue it back down, or just not worry about it.

Any thoughts, suggestions, guidance?

Thank you in advance.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hi damselle, what I did when I had this happen to me is take a tiny piece of kanthal and stick it in the hole, then screw down on top of it. If it doesn't align well, take it back out, stick in another tiny piece of kanthal and repeat until you get it good. By doing this I managed to get an RM2 back into perfect working order and it stayed that way for a long time (still fine, just resting while other attys are in rotation). Others may have better ideas but this works well :)

ETA not sure about the lining...

Reactions: damselle

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
There are two holes under the ceramic the post can screw into. If the ceramic is loose and the negative pin came all the way out, then the ceramic has rotated on you and covered the hole. Try rotating the ceramic a little until you find the hole and start the neg post back in, then find something to tighten the center pin then tighten down the loose neg post. If you get the wrong hole under the ceramic, your air hole on the cap will not line up with your coil. If this happens, take the center pin loose, back the neg pin out, rotate to the other hole and tighten everything back up

Sent from Reoville [emoji631]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread