RM2 popping sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauderdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Hi guys, I know this is noooby as hell but is there a wick placement that might cut down on the "pop pop" when I vape? Getting great flavor and vapor with my micro coil at 1.7 ohms on my VV, but with each hit, I am definitely getting at least one pop or so where you can kinda feel it in the drip tip. No juice in mouth, just a minor thing. Is this normal and am I being too picky? I love the silent vape from a genesis style atty. thanks in advance!

Matt

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I have one occasionally pop too much. I most usually wrap and go and don't rectify it till another time when I have a few minutes. I am certainly no expert but I wonder if maybe moving the coil up from the deck a smidgen would help. Seems like too much juice either by overly large wick or tails and/or juice pooled around a wick, too close to coil could cause popping. I remember soon after I started using 306 and i06 and finding my sweet spot with a bit of juice reaching almost to coil that i had more popping with them than other attys.

But mine usually don't pop. I keep the juice hole end barely tickling deck and other end barely touching deck.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I have one occasionally pop too much. I most usually wrap and go and don't rectify it till another time when I have a few minutes. I am certainly no expert but I wonder if maybe moving the coil up from the deck a smidgen would help. Seems like too much juice either by overly large wick or tails and/or juice pooled around a wick, too close to coil could cause popping. I remember soon after I started using 306 and i06 and finding my sweet spot with a bit of juice reaching almost to coil that i had more popping with them than other attys.

But mine usually don't pop. I keep the juice hole end barely tickling deck and other end barely touching deck.

Feisty Alice

i have one that wheezes like an old man 3 PAD smoker just waking up. that's a sound that i used to know all too well but is thankfully fading from memory :)

guess i'll try fiddling with the coil. thanks!

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I like the popping as well. sounds like the crackle of the end of a stoge.

Yes! I like it so much that when it starts to fade and my vape makes no sound I feel like I'm missing out on something. The crackle definitely reminds me of the sounds I used to hear when I took a big drag off an American Spirit :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Yes! I like it so much that when it starts to fade and my vape makes no sound I feel like I'm missing out on something. The crackle definitely reminds me of the sounds I used to hear when I took a big drag off an American Spirit :)

I did American Spirit for several years then last two years smoking the Organic. Only stinky that didn't make me cough by mid day. Only place to reliably get them was Costco. Right before discovering vaping I had located a place that had loose to roll yer own. Cost @ $65/carton for two smokers, 2-2.5 PAD X 2 had gotten out of hand. Lots of money to spend on REOs huh?

I don't rember the crackling, though.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
If its not cracklin' & poppin' you're not doing it right. Seriously though, I enjoy the fireworks. Makes me feel like something's actually happening. Not gonna lie though, I may have been startled outta my chair a time or two by a crazy big POP.

Its got to do with the wick density, but even the worst offenders will quiet down after some use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread