The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RM4 whistling while wide open?

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Borescoped, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Borescoped

Borescoped Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    Minot, ND
    Ok, so just started using my RM4 on wide open dual airholes this evening.... and WOW does it whistle! Anyone know a quick fix for it, before I get beaten over the head by my DW?

2. Evilocity

Evilocity Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Washington DC
    I don't know about the rm4, however, I have an authentic tugboat rda and it whistled like a tiny tugboat until I realized there were small metal shavings left just inside the airholes from the manufacturer. I cleared them out and fixed. Now I wish it still whistled lol, kinda fun.

3. built4feel

built4feel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    South Central PA, USA
    I had this happen to me the other day... like a emergency whistle...anyway, I just took off the top cap and repositioned it a lil bit and it seemed to fix it...Do you have slanted coils in it? Thats when I noticed it started...

4. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
  5. Borescoped

Jun 24, 2013
    Minot, ND
    Nope, no slanted coils. You just reposition the AFC a tiny bit? Mine's dead center on the air hole right now. Wasn't sure if it was needing a rounding of the edges or something. if moving the AFC works well, then I'll just do that.

6. Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Chicago
    On a RM2 that whistled, slightly beveling the outside of the hole stopped it for me. Now I bevel all my atty holes with a 1/4" bit by hand just spinning the bit.

7. Evilocity

Evilocity Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Washington DC
    Beveled as well. I think it helps with noise as well as airflow, I could be wrong tho.
    uploadfromtaptalk1410033950787.jpg

8. Borescoped

Jun 24, 2013
    Minot, ND
    I might try that with a drill bit tomorrow, on the AFC and the base portion of the cap body. The slight offset of the AFC and the airholes did help for now though. Thanks folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.