Roughstack not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

zredsox

Jul 5, 2010
Maine
Mine is in mail along with 3v rcr123a LiFeP04 batteries for 6 volt vaping. I am hoping this setup is going to work with 1.6 ohm dual coils. I would also like to try triple coils and the higher ohm dual coils. But like you I dont know what is and what is not going to work. Dont want to waste money on things that dont work so any input would be nice

I'd love to know if they work out for you.

zredsox

Jul 5, 2010
Maine
I've been using the lifepo4 3v batts for months with my MaxiRS at 6v with 1.6ohm dc's with no issues

I've messed with the batteries all day today and in the end, I think that being they are 3.6v (rather than 3v) for a total of 7.2v - that is a bridge too far for the 1.6ohm dc ad 1.5ohm tc.

I basically ran them down and then charged them, pulling them off every 5 minutes to see if it would fire. There is a sweat spot of about 10 minutes (when they have enough juice to fire, but not too much to trip and that is it.)

I went ahead and ordered the lifepo4's and I'll deal with the utrafire 3.6v's through the ticket system.

and also have used the 4.8 batts too with no problems.....also use my vv box at 5-6v with dc and 2 14500 trustfires here again no problems.

What is the brand/model of the 4.8v? I'd love to get my hands on some of those as well.

Last edited:

zredsox

Jul 5, 2010
Maine
The ultrafire 16340 3.0v will work with dc's but I would recommend the lifepo4 but you will have to get the charger with them also..............

I ordered the ultrafire 16340 3.0v and got ultrafire 16340 3.6v.

Yes, I am just going to take the route of the lifepo4 and I ordered the charger as well (you can never have too many chargers!)

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I've been using the lifepo4 3v batts for months with my MaxiRS at 6v with 1.6ohm dc's with no issues and also have used the 4.8 batts too with no problems.....also use my vv box at 5-6v with dc and 2 14500 trustfires here again no problems.

Thats great to hear thanks....

spirits3250

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Yesterday I received a RoughStack V2 that I bought a few days ago. Doesn't work at all. Anyone else that purchased from the new batch having trouble? Already put in a ticket, hope to get it replaced/fixed quickly.

I had the same problem. I got mine about 2 weeks ago....didn't work. I went on the ecf and read that they are supposed to have a straw. Mine didn't come with one. I got a replacement switch and it works now, not really well though. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I love it when it works, hate it when it doesn't. I would say it works about half the time.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
I've been having problems with my Maxi RS. But I figured out what was wrong.

It appears that the two 16340 3v batteries (that come with the kit) don't work with all my attys !

The 18650 (3.7v) works!. Also just received the 4.8 nimh battery and that also works with all my attys.

Folks be carefull with buying those 16340 batts (the green ones) if you want to experience 6 v vaping.

Madvapes told me to send them back and they will make it right - so very good with MVs!

Just a heads-up!

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I've been having problems with my Maxi RS.

But I figured out what was wrong.

It appears that the two 16340 3v batteries (that come with the kit) don't work with all my attys !

The 18650 (3.7v) works!. Also just received the 4.8 nimh battery and that also works with all my attys.

Folks be carefull with buying those 16340 batts (the green ones) if you want to experience 6 v vaping.

Madvapes told me to send them back and they will make it right - so very good with MVs!

Just a heads-up!

If you stack protected batts they must be in identical charge state or one batt protection circuit will shut down. It is difficult to keep two batts in identical charge state. IMR non-protected batts don't have this issue. Ups to you which batt you consider safer.

zredsox

Jul 5, 2010
Maine

They told me I could send mine back as well (which I appreciate greatly and why I'll keep coming back!)

The LiFePO4 3 volt's work perfectly stacked, with my DC and TC cartos at 6v.

Last edited:

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
If you stack protected batts they must be in identical charge state or one batt protection circuit will shut down. It is difficult to keep two batts in identical charge state. IMR non-protected batts don't have this issue. Ups to you which batt you consider safer.

They were the batts that came with the Kit. ...but thanks for the advise/knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread