roughstack with carto tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
I'm considering buying a maxi roughstack. I know that when you use wider things such as a carto tank that you have to use an extension in order to get clearance for the button. I was hoping that someone could post a picture of there roughstack with a carto tank attached so I could get an idea about how odd or cumbersome this setup would be.
edit to add: Any chance I could use something the size of an ego mega dual coil without using a long extension. I know that it would require something like a 510 to ego adapter but would it actually require an extension long enough to raise it above the button.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
somestuffJPG.jpg

That's with a long extension... and it's a CE2 Map tank, but the tanks is the about the same size and look as a dual coil tank. You'll have to click the thumbnail to view.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Hey six, what kind of carto & drip tip are on the eGo in front? Looks classy.

That's a regular SS dual coil and the drip tip is a nickel plated copper one I got from either cignot or COV (don't remember which because they both have them).

That particular eGo clone is a really nice item. I forgot who told me that madvapes doesn't have that exact one any more, but it's too bad because it outperforms even my nicest IMR's.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I think I got those same drip tips from COV at Philly vapefest. I am pretty sure it is the Type A that you are asking about, although I prefer the type B ones myself (Pictured on the SS RS and SS Maxi RS).

That's exactly right. And I like the B ones better too. - Although one of the A ones is always on a map tank I keep full on my desk.

Lately, I've been using the acrylic ones madvapes sells. I like those too, but they aren't as easy to clean. The nickel plated copper ones I just toss in a pan of boiling water every week or so to sterilize and clean. A quick wipe down and they are shiny. I wasn't thinking the other day and threw my acrylic ones in with the metal ones. Now all of my acrylic ones are cloudy and rough to the touch. They still work fine and retained their shape, but they don't look or feel nearly as nice as they did when I got them. lesson learned - warm water rinse and an alcohol q-tip wipe down for those from now on.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I'm considering buying a maxi roughstack. I know that when you use wider things such as a carto tank that you have to use an extension in order to get clearance for the button. I was hoping that someone could post a picture of there roughstack with a carto tank attached so I could get an idea about how odd or cumbersome this setup would be.
edit to add: Any chance I could use something the size of an ego mega dual coil without using a long extension. I know that it would require something like a 510 to ego adapter but would it actually require an extension long enough to raise it above the button.
Not a maxi, but looks cute!
RoughStack.jpg

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
They get a rough textured feel...I learned the hard way as well. I dig those arcryllic ones. Nice and smooth, but you can bite down without cracking a tooth. I use them alot when my hands are busy more as a comfort tip than drip. I love the SS ones for dripping. The bore size on the drip end is huge on them.

That's exactly right. And I like the B ones better too. - Although one of the A ones is always on a map tank I keep full on my desk.

Lately, I've been using the acrylic ones madvapes sells. I like those too, but they aren't as easy to clean. The nickel plated copper ones I just toss in a pan of boiling water every week or so to sterilize and clean. A quick wipe down and they are shiny. I wasn't thinking the other day and threw my acrylic ones in with the metal ones. Now all of my acrylic ones are cloudy and rough to the touch. They still work fine and retained their shape, but they don't look or feel nearly as nice as they did when I got them. lesson learned - warm water rinse and an alcohol q-tip wipe down for those from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread