The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Roughstack

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by misterD, Sep 25, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. misterD

misterD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

hey, Hoggie! i had to make a ticket cos i forgot to mention the liquid i wanted with my RS. sorry about that!
    can i have the "butter pecan"?
    Date Ordered: 9/24/2010Order Number:: MV-4312556
    MadVapes Support Ticket Opened [#277432]
    thanks!:blush:

2. hoogie76

hoogie76 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    no problem misterd.. hoog

3. VPJUNKIE510

VPJUNKIE510 Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    i just ordered my first roughstack this morning can't wait till next week to see this bad boy, ii have a feeling for working in a kitchen this will be perfect, and i have some hobby paint i am gonna put o good use just unsure what i wanna put on it. i almost didn't buy it when someone said the vapestack exstender didn't work with it but he didn'tknow. i figuard i like 3.7 u can tell by just looking at it, its durable for the place's i'll be vapeing so lets see how it does.

4. jctennis

jctennis Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2009
    South Williamsport, PA
    I was a chef in a previous life and I wish I had a roughstack then. I killed quite a few box mods in the kitchen. Since the advent of low resistance attys and cartos 3.7 volts doesn't matter any more, and that is a beautiful thing.

5. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    i a excited bout it i know i have till atleast wed to decide what i wanna paint on it and first i am gonna check it out for the imperfections to see if i am gonna keep it origanl and paint it or if i am gonna smooth it out first we will see time will tell. Hoog do you know if you plan on making an extention for the rough stack i know i would buy one and sure others would also ?

6. kemuri

kemuri Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2009
    out of town
    Can Hoog or someone who ordered a roughstack take photos of the switch area from the inside? Or some sort of an exploded view, ya know, like the old carburator views, with parts dismantled. Easily replaceable switch by user is a good selling point (and no soldering required, right?). Is the switch the 2amp push button switch like MVSWPBGR?

7. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    We're actually using this switch with the roughStack: C&K Components 3A Black Pushbutton switch

The replaceable part is actually an entire circuit board assembly that is held in the cap of the roughstack by the nut of the switch. We should have the replacement board assemblies on the webiste this week for those that want spares but for those with do have a failure in the switch we'll just send a replacement circuit board or replace the unit if there is a premature failure.

We also have a couple of different finishes that we'll be putting up in the next day or so.. I was going to work today and get some stuff done but I think I'll watch football instead :)

hoog

8. kemuri

kemuri Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2009
    out of town
    I think I ordered that switch when you first got it in. Need to look through my personal madvapes stash of parts now.

Good thinking on the R&R board assembly. Will definitely be ordering a backup board when finally ordering a roughstack.

Enjoy the game, Hoog. :)

9. bsoplinger

bsoplinger Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I first saw mention of the circuit board I wondered and since it's been mentioned again I'll ask. What circuitry is needed for a 3.7V mod that takes 1 3.7V battery?

10. jctennis

Dec 26, 2009
    South Williamsport, PA
    Good man.
    My Steelers kicked some buccaneer butt today.

11. misterD

misterD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

are those going to be the same price as the roughStack or a bit more? and THANK YOU for taking good care of my order, HOOGIE!!! :)

12. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    panthers ate it..

no circuitry on the board, just interconnect usage.

13. Irons

Irons Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    MI
    The rough stack looks to be exactly what I have been wanting for a knockabout, simply made mod. Being able to replace parts easily myself is a huge bonus.
    I just ordered one and a couple batteries so I can't wait to get it!:2cool:

14. Jason_in_nc

Jason_in_nc Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    It's a secret!
  15. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    ok got my rough stack in like it would like to get a different switch though i know i can't have a horn switch but which ones on the product list are compaitable?

16. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    i beg you to make an extension sleve for the roughstack absoluetly beg you i like this with the Lr but needs the LR to keep me going so please ake an extension

17. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    we have some extension but the diameter is a bit different than the top. It'd be a bit off looking but would work great. you guys still want them?

hoog

18. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    That's the switch I use on everything. It holds up really well. I found a lever switch that has outlasted every other switch but it takes allot of room .

19. jctennis

Dec 26, 2009
    South Williamsport, PA
    Hell, put them up and I'm sure you will sell them. Just be clear about the problem on the description:2c:.

20. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    i would still use it let me know howmuch or let me know when i can get it asap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.