rsst taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
Metalic taste, to my experience, it is hotspot or short as some mentioned above.

high resistance, When I recoil mine, usually it's between 1.5 ohms to 1.9 ohms. After couple days, it increased to 3 or even 4 ohms but I still can be able to vape it. I am not sure if it is dangerous or disadvantage vaping high resistance but I notice it produces MUCH less heat (the heat on the unit)

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I want to love my RSST, but I get the same thing. Muted flavor, lots of metal taste. I am thinking about going straight ekowool or using an ekowool sleeve or core to help the flavor along. And the wicking. Mine wicks terribly, for the most part. Using 30g kanthal on 400mm mesh, 4 coils at around 3.1 ohms on a K-100. Pretty sure I just need to toy with it more, wish it had a different positive post. My catch washer sits on a bias, so it's difficult to use as intended.

It works, but my Igo L's just destroy it in performance.

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
ok, so it seems to be a hot spot or short. I just can't seem to get this rebuilding thing right. One build I get a low ohms and another I get ohms that aren't very good, like this time, along with hot spots too. Does anyone have any tips or guide for total noobs. The youtube vids make it so easy but I feel like I'm making it way more difficult than it should be. I just don't know how or why.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
ok, so it seems to be a hot spot or short. I just can't seem to get this rebuilding thing right. One build I get a low ohms and another I get ohms that aren't very good, like this time, along with hot spots too. Does anyone have any tips or guide for total noobs. The youtube vids make it so easy but I feel like I'm making it way more difficult than it should be. I just don't know how or why.

I bet one or both coil legs are glowing hot long before the rest of the coil. The legs shouldn't glow.

Just got my RSST rocking today with 30 ga kanthal and 500 mesh, 4/3 wrap at 1.1ohms. Took some fiddling to roll the wick tight enough and remove the hot legs, but once it did....it's rocking for vapor and flavor.
I recommend searching YouTube for "ss mesh rsst".
Also, you may want to look up the "peter k" method, which basically entails finding a drill bit that matches the diameter of the wick hole, wrapping the wire about it like a micro coil, mounting the wire, feeding the wick through, then spacing out the coils, which tightens the wire properly around the wick. Makes near perfect coils!

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
i have an rsst its one of my fav tanks its most likely a hot spot i use a stainless cable it mine and it works really well

Yea, I seem to be having trouble with a hot spot on the bottom of my coil. Whenever I go to wrap my wire around for the second time, It loosens up as I bring it back around. This makes my coils not perfectly spaced as I hope they should be. I've tried wrapping it around a screw to get perfectly spaced wraps but my wire tends to loosen it up as I take it off the screw. Oh well, more practice I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread