Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I've built on the billow and was a pain but just takes an extra few mins to perfect. I put some twisted 32 in the Zephyrus, just messing but it was touching the barrel. Will give some 26 ago tomorrow. You cover the airflow holes with the coil?
You want the coils lined up over the airflow holes, but up off the deck a bit.

Reactions: Paul lamb

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
I've built on the billow and was a pain but just takes an extra few mins to perfect. I put some twisted 32 in the Zephyrus, just messing but it was touching the barrel. Will give some 26 ago tomorrow. You cover the airflow holes with the coil?
I have 26g twisted 2.5mm in my zephyrus right now and it's not touching at all. You have to build extremely close to the posts without it touching. Mine are usually touching but I'll fiddle with them and pull them away a tiny bit with my jig. It's a process but it's worth it. Another thing. When I wick my wick isn't easy to get into the coil. I do it very tight to the point that it barely moves and once you have it wicked and the cap on I prefer to not pack the cotton down into it.... That's my personal preference though

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
You guys tried 28 Clapton? 28/32? Might try that first

If so what build did you do?
Yes. I've used them in multiple RTAs, kayfun 4 (28g kanthal / 36g nichrome80, 2.5mm ID), lemo 2 (26g nichrome80/36g nichrome80, 3mm ID), done dual claptons in my Cthulhu (Those were 26g kanthal/36g nichrome80), 2.4mm ID IIRC super tight fit). Those are a couple I remember off hand working pretty well.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Yes. I've used them in multiple RTAs, kayfun 4 (28g kanthal / 36g nichrome80, 2.5mm ID), lemo 2 (26g nichrome80/36g nichrome80, 3mm ID), done dual claptons in my Cthulhu (Those were 26g kanthal/36g nichrome80), 2.4mm ID IIRC super tight fit). Those are a couple I remember off hand working pretty well.
Cheers dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread