RTA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have been building for some time now on a couple of RTA's , 2.5mm to about 1.0 ohm. They work fine on my two internal battery mods with correct readings between .97 and 1.06ohm.
Strangely, when on a replaceable battery mod, no reading and can't fire.
Just a coincidence or am I missing something?

Sometimes the 510 pin on a mod will stay pushed in and doesn't return to the up position, so you don't get contact when you install an atty. Most of the time that's a result of crud or dried juice making the spring loaded pin sluggish on return to the up position.

Use a toothpick to press the 510 center pin in the mod down and up to loosen it and make it return to the full up position. Some mods will have an adjustable outer ring that allows you to change the depth of the round plate to the pin. Others just have the 510 connection attached to the top plate with screws.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have been building for some time now on a couple of RTA's , 2.5mm to about 1.0 ohm. They work fine on my two internal battery mods with correct readings between .97 and 1.06ohm.
Strangely, when on a replaceable battery mod, no reading and can't fire.
Just a coincidence or am I missing something?
Hi,
Which RTA(s) and which mods are you using?

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The 510 connections on either mods and atties are not standardized.
Some 510s on mods are deeper than others and the positive connection pin might have more or less travel.
Same goes for atties. Some of them have a long protruding centerpin, others might even have a recessed one, and even the negative threads might be longer or shorter.
So couple a mod with a deep 510connector and not much travel with a short 510 on the atty, and it just won't make a connection.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Hi,
Which RTA(s) and which mods are you using?

Cheers
I
Ares RTA on both a Kanger and an Innokin Oceanus.
I decided to wrap a new coil and success.
Why the internals were ok and the replaceable not I still haven't figured out. May be the recess as suggested.
Thanks all.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The 510 connections on either mods and atties are not standardized.
Some 510s on mods are deeper than others and the positive connection pin might have more or less travel.
Same goes for atties. Some of them have a long protruding centerpin, others might even have a recessed one, and even the negative threads might be longer or shorter.
So couple a mod with a deep 510connector and not much travel with a short 510 on the atty, and it just won't make a connection.
To make a very narrow point, they are standardized but the standard isn’t sufficiently exact. Sort of a potato potato difference I suppose.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread