The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rta that can compare to rda

Discussion in 'RTA' started by WayneL, Nov 7, 2019 at 11:45 PM.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WayneL

WayneL Full Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I have been using a nudge 22 pretty much since it came out. I do have some tanks I use also but they don't come to the same park as the nudge when it comes to hit flavor draw And cloud. My lifestyle doesn't exactly work with dripping all the time so I'm wondering if there is an available rta single coil that could measure up. Thanks for any help..
    I run 2.5id fused clapton on bypass mostly with rayon wick

• Like Like x 2
  2. Janusz

Janusz Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Hussar Project X should give you pretty close RDA flavor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm not sure how airy you like your attys, but if you like a restricted lung hit - take a look at the Coppervape Hussar Project X RTA.

It's dual side airflow - each side has 3x 1.5mm. It's an RDA like deck, even the chamber comes off the same as a cap does on an RDA.

Flavour is incredible - as close to an RDA as you can get.

It's 2ml, so you probably will need an extension tank to bring it up to 4ml:
    $7.90 Coppervape Replacement 316 Stainless Steel + PEI Extended Kit for Hussar Project X RTA - 4ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi Wayne,
    It sounds to me as if a squonker is going to be in your future.
    Perhaps the new Dovpo Topside SQ?

Cheers
    I

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Squonking is a great way to go. You get plenty of juice capacity and the ability to use an RDA without the hassle of dripping. Makes things a lot easier, but would require buying a new mod.

If you don't want to get a new mod, but want RDA flavor and the convenience of an RTA, maybe an RDTA would suit your needs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. WayneL

WayneL Full Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I was under the impression an rdta had to stay upright. I carry my mod in my pocket.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    As @Janusz and @AngeNZ previously posted the Hussar Project X is likely the most RDA like RTA around. I've got a few and they are excellent flavor RTA's.

The Flave RDTA comes with a bung to close off the juice fill port. With proper wicking setting it on it's side should be fine. I'll know for sure when mine arrives. A few of the YT reviews I've seen said they didn't have any issues. $8.04 The Flave Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 304 stainless steel / 24mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Good luck!!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Since it's a pocket carry I'd go for top air. What kind of draw are you after? Dual or single build?

10. WayneL

WayneL Full Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I prefer single coil restricted dl. Like a big baby beast quarter to half open with x4 coils. The revolver is too airy and kinda sucks. Anything I have tried tank wise with mesh is way too much air..so kinda tight but not mtl

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. WayneL

WayneL Full Member

Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    With all the info you gave, a squonk mod would be best to suit your needs. It checks off every requirement you are setting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Personally waiting on squonk mods but having really good success with the Digiflavor Siren. Terrific flavor with restricted but open draw. Though, if this is a pocket mod, not sure I'd trust a genisis-style RTA

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Worth a read.
    Top air RTAs

• Agree Agree x 2