RTA to replace a Kabuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick L

Jan 15, 2015
Indiantown FL USA
Greetings all,

I am currently in upgrade-itis mode, still deciding on what TC mod to finally purchase (Dicode No 6 or possibly JAC DANA chipset mod) to replace my last Provari. In preparation for the eventual crackdown on vaping, I would like to become self reliant coil wise. What would be a good replacement RTA for a Kabuki?

I am currently a low wattage, cool vapor, mainly peach flavored liquid vapor?
Quality in the build is my prime concern.
Flavor also!

Price is not really an issue. I would prefer an original versus a clone (you have to support the innovators!).

The new Svoe Mesto Prime seems very well received on this forum.

I will be using SS wire to build my coils and using the TC function of either mod. I have quite a few questions regarding associated gear needed (wire gages, tool kit etc) but figured I would open with just the tank.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Reactions: stols001

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Mtl vaper! Yay.
There’s a few buddy.

I’m fiddling with my kayfun mini v3 which is good for your type of vaping but as you said, the prime is well received.
I have a khw mods dvarw mtl which is around the €80 mark but is great imo. One of my best.
I recommend the gus phenomenon which I have if you want higher end and is lovely.
I don’t have a skyline or hussar which people say is great. Both are too expensive for my tastes though -esmokeguru.

What is surprising is after all this money I’ve spent, people are raving about the berserker mini which is £30!
I haven’t got one but people say it’s good.
This or the prime so at least it’s either cheap or you can buy lots of spares.

I am working on my heron which is a great vape but it’s not working properly...
That’s the problem with buying expensive gear. Such a better vape imo but vapourart have now closed down and that’s likely for all these companies in the end. Now I just have an expensive paperweight.
Imo go for the svoemesto or something cheap and then you won’t have the problem I’m having.

Tl;dr. Prime sounds good :thumb:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
MTL is not in my wheelhouse. I can tell you I've been using Advanced Vape Supply ss wire for over a year now a very happy with the quality and customer service. Prices and shipping are reasonable and quick. Tools wise a good pair of snips and ceramic tweezers are must haves. Most everything else is optional.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
while i love the kayfun lines, they are not the end all for flavor. the berserker is a great little mtl flavor blaster, as is the siren v1/2, the innokin ares also gets high regard.

having said that, if you are looking for your first rta, i would suggest either the siren or the ares, as they are stupidly easy to build on and handle TC quite well. i have heard the berserker can be a little fiddly to build on so i cant suggest that as a first rta.

as for wire, 26 guage wire would be a good start, i had a spool of 28 but every time i dry fired mine to clean the coil it melted the coil (15 watts for my cleaning temp). also a coil jig like the coil master, which actually comes in a kit with tweezers and snips and other tools for something like $35, will make building a treat.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Siren V2, Ares, Berserker are my current go to tanks. I can't really speak to an original Prime, but I do have a clone. Honestly, I find it hard to build on and the flavor is lacking (JMO) compared to the other three. It's possible I just haven't found the right build/wicking yet, but in my experience, the Kayfuns can be hard to wick correctly. I always somehow start out fine, then get dry hits AND leaking. No fun. I wouldn't say my experience is typical though many folks rave about the Kayfuns and they have a solid track record. If price "isn't an issue" you could certainly get a prime, and perhaps one of the other newer RTAs like the Siren, Ares, or Berserker..... They aren't expensive (or clones, although I believe the Siren V2 now has a clone).

Additionally, some clones are more well regarded than the originals, like they doggystyle, the clones are considered to vape better than the original, some of them. Gets rave reviews for flavor.

Best of luck,

Anna

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'm a Tootlepuffer of the first order! I've been having a great time lately with the new Kayfun Prime and the Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA. It's a 24mm tank but is pure flavor town with a 1.2 ohm coil at 12.5 watts! I've been using it the past few days vaping the reintroduced Boba's Bounty and it's been nothing but heaven! The draw on it is fantastic!
image1.jpeg

Also (though it's a bit small 22mm but maybe 2 ml capacity TPD Compliant?) the SXK Doggystyle is an excellent tank! I might add it also looks great on a P3 or Radius!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The Kayfun prime is a good new tank, the Hastur RTA is excellent although it has seating issues so you have to be careful when rewicking that you get it back together correctly, and there is also the Siren v2 with no known issues.

I'd try the Siren first if I were you before I'd shell out for the prime.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread