RTA with the best airflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
TL;DR: What RTA out currently (not counting a modified Genisis style) has the best airflow & glass tank?

I never smoked cigs. I used to be a heavy hookah smoker for years. Even with my hookah, I had the wide bore hose & wide bore stem... So with my vapes, I've been almost exclusively dripping since I started rebuilding ~ a year ago. I've had a kayfun, a few gennys, and a Fogger V4. The Fogger V4 was the only one that even came close to the airflow I need, everything else just fell horridly short. The Genisis tanks seemed OK, I don't feel like I mastered SS mesh tho since I never had that "holy crap" experience most speak of even tho I had little issue learning how to set up a wick without hotspots and that I could tilt and let burn til it was dry... Seemed to give off a syrupy taste after the first few ml's as well. I might be willing to try gennys again if there's a new one out that's special, but it seems to be fading away lately. So I guess what I'm looking for is a RTA with better airflow than the Fogger V4, and a glass tank. A lot of my favorite recipes contain flavorings that will crack a plastic tank, so if it's not glass it's not an option. I tried looking at 'em a while back, but there are so many out now (Lemo, Goblin, Orchid, Subtank, etc.) I'd rather just figure out which one has the best airflow and go from there :p

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Everyone who has tried my Goblin says it has great airflow. The silverplay gets good reviews on that as well. Both have glass tanks I believe, though I'm unsure on the silverplay. The goblin does for sure.

Have you used the Lemo / Fogger / Orchid / anything else to compare?

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
I have the Fogger! I can say it is way too tight after using the Silverplay, the silverplay has glass tank section as well for clarification.

It has either 2 backside holes open or holes open for airflow as well as being able to tighten down the dual airflow to a tighter draw.

I picked the silverplay for the larger build deck though and the ability to use lower Ga wire.

I think the size of the juice channels on the Goblin and Silverplay are pretty similar but I do not have a Goblin(yet)

I have heard the Lemo is pretty great on airflow and you have the Single coil options you don't get with the Goblin and the Silverplay.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Have you used the Lemo / Fogger / Orchid / anything else to compare?

I have a Lemo and an Orchid V4. I highly recommend the Lemo. It has terrific airflow, never leaks a drop, and it's so easy to build on. If you prefer dual coils and higher wattage vaping the the Orchid is a solid pick with much better airflow than any Kayfun. It has dual air holes but it isn't more open than the Lemo. Very similar though. I haven't used the Silverplay or Goblin yet so I can't speak to those. I will be trying one of them.

kitten frenzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
I have a Lemo and an Orchid V4. I highly recommend the Lemo. It has terrific airflow, never leaks a drop, and it's so easy to build on. If you prefer dual coils and higher wattage vaping the the Orchid is a solid pick with much better airflow than any Kayfun. It has dual air holes but it isn't more open than the Lemo. Very similar though. I haven't used the Silverplay or Goblin yet so I can't speak to those. I will be trying one of them.

I have the Lemo and just got the Goblin yesterday.

It's safe to say I won't be going back to the Lemo. Airflow is way better on the Goblin.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
I have both a Lemo and Goblin...I have to say that I still reach for the Lemo. Don't get me wrong, I like the Goblin and it does have way more airflow but there is just something I like more about the Lemo. IDK I may change my mind after playing with the Goblin more but for now the Lemo sits atop my Sig 100.

Well, if you feel like getting rid of it and just using your lemo let me know xD I can't find a goblin for sale anywhere :(

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
Well, if you feel like getting rid of it and just using your lemo let me know xD I can't find a goblin for sale anywhere :(

LOL too funny...I just say your post on the other thread. IDK I have been thinking about it. I have been on a RTA hoarding rampage the past few weeks. Just bought a Billow and now I have been looking at an authentic Russian 91% This dude is selling em on ebay for $45 and I am all out of RDAs to sell :( so I may just take you up on it. I would only let it go for $45...thats only $5 more than what I paid for it. Let me see if I can get that 91% out of my head.

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Silver play is better in my opinion. I design attys and the small deck on the goblin is what kills it. I have both. I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this comment from the goblin lovers but it's a personal preference. I can build with lower gauge on the silver play. More coil options

thx997303

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2014
Utah, USA
One thing to note on the goblin, the screws that come with it are just a little off. Trapping 26 guage and smaller is a chore. New screws or a little creativity get around this, but it's a known issue.

My goblin doesn't leak unless I make it leak by flooding it and not vaping on it. Did that today, and had a mess on my hands lol.

I have a .5 ohm 2.6 mm 26 gauge build on it now. Blows clouds real nice.

The build deck is tight, I could probably build a 3mm coil on it, but it'd be close.

I don't like the lack of juice visibility on the Silveplay, but that's easily remedied with kayfun parts. Not sure how it would effect the airflow though. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread