RTA you feel gives the best flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not derailing it in any way. The OP's question was "rta you feel gives the best flavor", to which I replied. :D

I guess that could be called creatively renaming the rules, aka cheating.

I love to cheat, win, and then disclose that I've cheated, because if there's one thing better than JUST WINNING, LOL, it is doing so via CHEATING when you don't even HAVE to cheat.

So, this is not a censorious post in any way, I am more or less admiring your cheating skills,

Signed,
A fellow Cheater.

My favorite rta is the lampshade, BTW. It never leaks and it is not too bright. LOL. The flavor's incredible.

Anna

Reactions: dripster

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I like simple, tight MTL RTAs and have some faves for flavor:
  • Dvarw (1mm insert)
  • KFL
  • Spheroid V4 (and V3 if you fluff :))
  • Gem V1
  • Gus Zest V1
  • Prometey V2 (if you fluff)
  • Erlkonigin
  • SXK Doggy
There are many more but these are the ones I've kept in my collection. Another classic that I've never tried but has a good rep is the Eviva-T.. have one coming to try :)

Last edited:

Gordon Albert

Aug 18, 2015
RTA that gives me the best flavor is my Vapefly Horus RTA, Single Alien Clapton build, 3mm dia. 6wraps @ 0.36ohm...Wicking with Cotton Bacon Prime...
20180802_172646.jpg

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Geekvape Blitzen! I have a lot of Wonderful rta's I have too many to name but the geekvape Blitzen is the best RTA I have ever used to date I got the OBS engine V2 thinking that was the number 1 RTA on the market (mainly becuz its Mike Vapes fav) or so he says , boy was I wrong this Blitzen is wonderful it's like certain juices work better in certain rta's dinner lady Blackberry crumble is a wonderful juice one of my favorite what in the obs it would lose some of that Blackberry flavor but in the Blitzen it would be so much more pronounced God I love this RTA recommend this thing to everyone and anyone that's a flavor chaser cannot say enough good things about it
For me its the Zeus single but im probably not the one to judge best flavor lol the flavor is great to me with keeping eas of building and wicking with the less flavorful but no leaking/condensation top-airflow and single coil only characteristics of the tank in mind.

Reactions: stols001

The Vaped Crusader

Jul 7, 2018
I have vaped off a few traditional RTA from guys who are long term vapers. I use a Zeus Dual RTA but I also use bizarre wicking methods that I am told are impossible or either stupid. In short I clog my wick holes with extra cotton when using single coils and also add running cotton that is not running through the coil. So my coils always have a thin layer of flayed cotton laying over the coils, too thick it pops but if thin enough . . . it is just right. But I also make my own juices which could affect things quite a bit plus I vape unflavored nic salts with VG to cleanse my palette every Monday. Vaper's tongue is not even a relevant notion to me yet alone something I have experienced

I haven't had the chance of vaping the same flavors off different tanks but I blame people's wide open air valves and wicking methods because traditional wicking seems to restrict flavor at least on my end. I am not obsessive about tanks as long as I can wick'em and stick'em in my mouth.

Last edited:
  • Useful

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
For me its the Zeus single but im probably not the one to judge best flavor lol the flavor is great to me with keeping eas of building and wicking with the less flavorful but no leaking/condensation top-airflow and single coil only characteristics of the tank in mind.
Yes, at the beginning I was less concerned about getting the best flavor also.

As long as the flavor is still reasonably OK, not getting the best flavor is only a small sacrifice to pay to just be able to keep vaping during those first vaping steps of coming off cigarettes IMO, but the reason why I went for an RDA right off the bat is because my own personal experience was that these were highly important factors:
  1. the ability to very heavily chain vape without destroying my wicking or coils as a result from very heavily chain vaping, and,
  2. the ability to instantaneously effectively adjust the nic strength of my juice depending on how my feeling/mood would constantly change so fast all the time, and to eliminate cravings before they could occur as opposed to only after that, simply by choosing the number of 0mg drops that I was dripping straight on top of my coils immediately each time after I had dripped a chosen number of 6mg drops, before continuing to vape on it, and,
  3. the ability to always avoid leakage, as an RDA allows me to vape until the RDA is almost completely dry, and,
  4. easier learning to rewick when compared to using an RTA, whilst also getting a lot better flavor when compared to keep destroying factory premade coils one after the other in a tank or having to live with the weak anemic feel of the vape that comes out of a pod system, consistent better flavor than an RTA also in addition to that, and,
  5. no broken glasses nor wasting much juice when cleaning, easier and faster to clean, easier to inspect the wicks without creating a catastrophical mess. (The Troll RDA 2 allowed me to just pull out the drip tip to be able to see the wicks so I didn't even have to remove the cap to be able to drip straight onto the coils and wicks each time when needed to keep the wicking up to speed.)

• Useful

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Yes, at the beginning I was less concerned about getting the best flavor also.

As long as the flavor is still reasonably OK, not getting the best flavor is only a small sacrifice to pay to just be able to keep vaping during those first vaping steps of coming off cigarettes IMO, but the reason why I went for an RDA right off the bat is because my own personal experience was that these were highly important factors:
  1. the ability to very heavily chain vape without destroying my wicking or coils as a result from very heavily chain vaping, and,
  2. the ability to instantaneously effectively adjust the nic strength of my juice depending on how my feeling/mood would constantly change so fast all the time, and to eliminate cravings before they could occur as opposed to only after that, simply by choosing the number of 0mg drops that I was dripping straight on top of my coils immediately each time after I had dripped a chosen number of 6mg drops, before continuing to vape on it, and,
  3. the ability to always avoid leakage, as an RDA allows me to vape until the RDA is almost completely dry, and,
  4. easier learning to rewick when compared to using an RTA, whilst also getting a lot better flavor when compared to keep destroying factory premade coils one after the other in a tank or having to live with the weak anemic feel of the vape that comes out of a pod system, consistent better flavor than an RTA also in addition to that, and,
  5. no broken glasses nor wasting much juice when cleaning, easier and faster to clean, easier to inspect the wicks without creating a catastrophical mess. (The Troll RDA 2 allowed me to just pull out the drip tip to be able to see the wicks so I didn't even have to remove the cap to be able to drip straight onto the coils and wicks each time when needed to keep the wicking up to speed.)
Very good choice! Anything rebuildable im for!

Reactions: dripster
I’ve been impressed with the Augvape Intake. Best flavor of all the single coil RTAs I own. My previous two favs were the Wotofo Serpent mini and OBS Engine Nano, but the Intake has taken over my top spot. Slightly restricted air flow (which I like), decent capacity with the bubble glass, no leaking, easy to build, smooth, quiet and excellent flavor. They did a great job with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Right now I am getting great flavor from the Augvape Intake. For a single coil it is outstanding. Top air intake channeled to a bottom airflow. No leaks or seeping with this set up. kind of a restricted DL. Mucho flavor.

I really like the design of the Intake and have one coming for a small mod. Currently my best flavor RTA is the Augvape Boreas V2. Once you find the sweet spot with the wicking it’s fabulous. It’s even better if you use it in the ridiculously short 2ml mode. It’s already a short tank for holding 5ml, which I really like. The Wotofo Troll runs really close to it.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Since I use RDAs mostly these days I've stopped buying / trying RTAs, not much interested in the debate re RTA vs RDA and squonking vs dripping, particularly lose interest in threads where folks start scattering the word 'most' around to kinda self-validate their own opinions. Use what works for you IMO.

Of the RTAs I have tried I only keep two around now, Ammit 25 and the Serpent SMM. The flavour from the Ammit 25 is OK (I get the feeling it's as good as it's going to get with an RTA) the Serpent SMM is also OK, just, but I prefer using the Ammit much more, the build quality is better IMO and it's not as noisy as the Serpent. However, while the flavour from the Ammit is OK I find it sucks on dessert / cream type juice, it only really delivers for me on not overly sweet fruit and spear/mint juices. Given I use them so little I'm considering ditching the Serpent, either gift it out or sell it. It's one of those RTAs that didn't quite live up to the hype IMO. Lined up side by side with the Ammit with the same build, watts etc and the Serpent ranges from close down to very disappointing, and that BLOODY whistle!!!!

One that I keep lingering over the 'Buy' button with is the Augvape Intake though. I've only heard good things about it, just a bit concerned that it will end up being just the same as the flavour from the Ammit and just end up sitting on the reserve bench alongside it. I vape a lot of dessert / bakery juice these days and I'm not sure how it would perform on those, if it's so so and is just going to end up getting used for fruit / mint alongside the Ammit there's no point really, unless it turns out to be an RTA that I just like using more. For me to buy another RTA though it's gonna have to perform better than the Ammit and deliver on more flavours, given that I think that's gonna be hard to achieve I've stopped the buy / bin cycle.

• Useful

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
After having the Intake for a week, it’s simply the best one coil RTA I have. I love how leakproof it is. I never worry where I put it for fear of staining something. It wants about 35 to 40 watts to really kick in. Definitely not a MTL tank. As for dual coils I’ve seen nothing that looks like it could equal or better the Boreas V2 or Troll RTAs. It’s that partition between the coils. I have a Kylin, which is nice, but noticeably inferior to those two on flavor, plus it’s so huge.

If I were to buy another one coil RTA, it would be another Intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread