RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am back with a new trivia contest for you all. The theme for this contest will be Survivor. For any newcomers, please PM your answers. The winner will be selected by random draw from all correct answers and you are playing for a 90% off personal coupon. The contest will run through Sunday night and the winner will be announced on Monday, Good Luck!!!

1. Who hosts the TV program Survivor?

2. For which Rocky Movie was the band Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger”, the theme song for the motion picture?

3. What author wrote the 1999 novel Survivor the story of Tender Branson, a member of the Creedish Church, a death cult?

4. What TV show aired on the Discovery Channel for three seasons featuring Canadian film maker and survivalist Les Stroud?

5. What 1998 film is loosely based on the case of the Niland Brothers which prompted the “Sole Survivor Policy” in the U.S. Military?

6. In order to insure continuity of government, someone from the President’s cabinet is sent to an undisclosed location during the State of the Union address. What is this person called? (This one will be easy now that there is a TV show about it ;))

7. What country first aired the show Expedition Robinson on which the American show Survivor is based?

8. What actor plays Sheriff Will Teasle in the 1982 film First Blood in which Sylvester Stallone plays the last surviving member of his unit from Vietnam?

9. Navigation being an important survival skill, on what cardinal directional side of a tree would you find darker heavier moss growth in the Northern Hemisphere?

10. What singer did Cake cover in 1996 with their hit, “I Will Survive”?

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
"DING, DING" We have a winner! Everyone help me in congratulating a first-time winner @tejas!

Thanks to everyone that played. I will have more trivia for you some time this week. See the correct answers below:

1. Who hosts the TV program Survivor?
a. Jeff Probst

2. For which Rocky Movie was the band Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger”, the theme song for the motion picture?
a. Rocky III

3. What author wrote the 1999 novel Survivor the story of Tender Branson, a member of the Creedish Church, a death cult?
a. Chuck Palahniuk

4. What TV show aired on the Discovery Channel for three seasons featuring Canadian film maker and survivalist Les Stroud?
a. Survivor Man

5. What 1998 film is loosely based on the case of the Niland Brothers which prompted the “Sole Survivor Policy” in the U.S. Military?
a. Saving Private Ryan

6. In order to insure continuity of government, someone from the President’s cabinet is sent to an undisclosed location during the State of the Union address. What is this person called? (This one will be easy now that there is a TV show about it)
a. Designated Survivor

7. What country first aired the show Expedition Robinson on which the American show Survivor is based?
a. Sweden

8. What actor plays Sheriff Will Teasle in the 1982 film First Blood in which Sylvester Stallone plays the last surviving member of his unit from Vietnam?
a. Brian Dennehy

9. Navigation being an important survival skill, on what cardinal directional side of a tree would you find darker heavier moss growth in the Northern Hemisphere?
a. The Northern Side. While moss can grow on any side of a tree depending on local conditions, it is normally darkest and heaviest on the North side in the Northern hemisphere.

10. What singer did Cake cover in 1996 with their hit, “I Will Survive”?
a. Gloria Gaynor

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello my friends, I bring you the last trivia contest of the year! So if you are looking for something to do leading up to your New Year's festivities, take a shot at this trivia with a chance to win a great coupon. If you are already stocked up for 10 years, :lol: play anyway! Tis' the season for giving, give the coupon to a friend that may be looking to embark on their own vaping journey for those New Year's resolutions.

I hope everyone enjoys this contest and has a wonderful New Year's celebration surrounded by friends and loved ones! Peace out 'till next year ;)

1. What is the northernmost city in Europe?

2. How are 99 percent of the buildings heated in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland?

3. In what country did the windmill originate?

4. Parts of which existing European countries once were included in the nation known as Flanders?

5. What famous philosopher said, “Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers”?

6. What Middle Eastern country’s name includes the name of its first ruler?

7. What famous philosopher is known by the name given to him by his wrestling teacher?

8. Where was Nero when Rome burned in 64 A.D.?

9. What European country was once known as the Batavian Republic?

10. How many children did Cleopatra have?

11. According to Greek legend, who cut the Gordian Knot?

12. How is the Balinese national holiday known as Njebi (pronounced nn-YEH-pee) celebrated?

13. What was blamed for the deaths of Emperor Claudius and Tiberius, Czar Alexander I, Pope Clement VII and Charles V of France?

14. What was Mahatma Gandhi’s reply when he was asked what he thought of Western civilization?

15. Lutetia, which means “mid-water dwelling” in Latin, is the original name of what European city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread