The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rubberized Mod Finish - repair ?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Fad, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fad

Fad Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    One of my SMY sdna75s has started peeling, obviously a bad job at the factory.

Once it started (due to a minor tear at the bottom) the rest basically just fell off !

I have taken it back to the metal to the point where no more is peeling - the front and the top are fine..
    so need to re-blacken or somehow paint the sides (and the upper and lower rear rims).

I can`t (can not and dare not !) desolder the board to do it from scratch so a paint patch up job seems the only solution.
    Plasti-Dip and aerosols etc are of no use here so wondered if anyone had any miraculous suggestions ?

(I don`t use silicone sleeves ;) )

Edit: In the meantime I found a matte black Birchwood Casey touch up pen so have given it a few dabbed coats...took several layers, slightly textured effect but it`s still drying.

Anything is better than part rubber part raw metal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.