Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanzabar78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Jordan
Hello everyone,

I have a Russian 91%, its great except for this one nagging issue.

Every hour or two, I start getting a burnt taste. I unscrew the top a little until one or two air bubbles pop up and viola its resolved for an hour or two.

I use the top fill method to fill the device: fill, cover airhole, screw a bit, flip, close, remove finger from airhole.

Any ideas what I could do to resolve this issue or is it normal? thank you

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
The problem is that ejuice is not being drawn up the juice chanels. A thicker ejuice with more PG can exacerbate the issue. Short term fix: without firing, give a couple of quick hard air draws to bring the ejuice into the chamber and wet the wick. You'll see the bubbles.

Of my 8 Kayfun I had one that would constantly dry out easily and after many rebuids found that a build using the next lower gauge (large) wire solved the issues. Sometime the ejuice chanels are not bored out enough as well but I did not feel like fooling around with a Dremel.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
The problem is that ejuice is not being drawn up the juice chanels. A thicker ejuice with more PG can exacerbate the issue. Short term fix: without firing, give a couple of quick hard air draws to bring the ejuice into the chamber and wet the wick. You'll see the bubbles.

Of my 8 Kayfun I had one that would constantly dry out easily and after many rebuids found that a build using the next lower gauge (large) wire solved the issues. Sometime the ejuice chanels are not bored out enough as well but I did not feel like fooling around with a Dremel.

I would highly advise messing around with your wicking before you start buying new kanthal and busting out the dremel. This problem can likely be solved by a quick tweak to the wick. Dry hits are a good indication that you're using too much cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread