Russian 91% Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordy

May 17, 2013
UK
www.youtube.com
Anyone else here receive their Russian 91% today? I have a couple of issues and am wondering if anyone else has the same.

Firstly, the grub screw for the adjustable airflow is seized. Given that this is why I chose the Russian, that's not good.

Secondly, the positive terminal is so short that even on a sentinel, I have to unscrew the positive post on the Russian, which leaves the internals loose, and offers a very poor connection.

Please tell me I'm not the only one :(

lordy

May 17, 2013
UK
www.youtube.com
Ezig have just got in touch and resolved the issues. If anyone else has the same problems:

1) The center post in the Russian DOES have an adjustable pin. However, it's torqued so hard in the factory that it may be seized when it arrives. Simply dissassemble, push an end of the included screwdriver through the hole in the middle of the post, and unscrew the base screw. It takes a bit of force, but it will start to unscrew.

Once it has been unseized, it will forever do what it's supposed to. Center post issue: sorted.

2) Adjustable air flow. It was the threading on the grub screw that was at fault. I used a separate micro driver (one that could take the torque), unscrewed it and used one of the supplied replacement grubs. It now spins a charm.

Thanks to ezig for a quick response... if any of you guys have similar issues, you now know what to do Smiling

rollsy2k

Oct 5, 2013
Raleigh, NC
One thing I would like to note on the Russian 91% is that the adjustable positive screw on the bottom may and probably will cause a voltage drop, making your vape seem a little less strong than anticipated. One fix that I have heard of (feel free to comment here if I am wrong), is using dielectric grease on the threads of the adjustable positive connection screw. This will help reduce the voltage drop. If you have a VV/VW mod you can obviously remedy this voltage drop by increasing the power. This mainly concerns those using a mechanical mod with no Kick or power adjustment.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Using grease like Noalox or Ox-Gard will not improve or hinder the conductivity of the parts. The part surfaces squeeze through the grease. The grease only helps keep oxidation at bay. There are some 'conductive greases' out there that use conductive particles in the grease. I doubt this would help in this application though. If anyone has had a different experience I would love to hear about it :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread