RDA Rust on my RDA turning my entire cotton red (see pic )

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
Not intentionally trying to get this thread back on topic, but nicotine changes color when exposed to oxygen. My atty's do the same thing as the OP's, and the ones with higher nic levels do it quicker. Even so, my rda with 3mg looks like that in just a few days.

Now, to get back on the K word topic, this is what I carry.
9101.jpg

A thread can have more than one topic, right?

I do know that coils change color eventually , but as I said in my previous comment i found where the rust was coming from and mine was striaght up red looking just like blood .

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Here is a little stuff about Annealing.

Anytime you heat a Steel to the point where it is about Cheery Red (or Hotter) and then let it cool own its own, you have Annealed the Steel.

Ultimate Hardness of a Steel is Directly Related to the Amount of Carbon it contains. (Steels range roughly from .1 to 1.8% Carbon) Annealing a High Carbon Steel, say from 1.2 to 1.8% Carbon can have a Dramatic Effect on the Steels Hardness. For Low Carbon Steels, <.6% or so, the Effect may be Small. Or Very Little at all.

The "L" on the end of 317L designates this to be a Low Carbon Stainless. So Annealing it doesn't have as much Effect, as a rule, as on a Higher Carbon Stainless.

BTW - Letting a Steel cool own its own from about Cheery Red will Anneal (Soften) the Steel is one Reason that your Drills Don't Last or Cut very well after you Sharpen them and Don't Plunge them in Water or Oil (Quench) to Cool the Cutting Tip.

The Other is that you Put a Bad Geometric Grind on them. But that Doesn't have anything to do with Metallurgy.
My annealed comment regarding the g-plat could have been wrong.... can't remember were I got that part from, but I did find the metallurgist report on it flouting around my tablet pictures. Doesn't mention annealed at all.

4b47e0848cf6ebc7a924c76ffbf960c6.jpg

Reactions: miro011

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My annealed comment regarding the g-plat could have been wrong.... can't remember were I got that part from, but I did find the metallurgist report on it flouting around my tablet pictures. Doesn't mention annealed at all.

4b47e0848cf6ebc7a924c76ffbf960c6.jpg

I'm not sure what G-Plat wire is? But they say it is Not 317L. And I doubt that they will tell us Exactly What it Is because the Mark-Up they have on their Wire is Pretty High.

-Public announcement- | http://vapinology.com

Here is what AISI Type 317L should be made of.

MatWeb - The Online Materials Information Resource

But what you brought up about any Wire being Annealed, or what the "L" designates in 317L still is true.

Reactions: miro011

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
"We can assure all of you that we are 100% sure that our product is not what the public claims it to be."

Not very convincing when they state it as an unknown like that lol. Where they cant even say we know exactly what it is and it aint that.

Odd the FB page got locked after filling up with angry comments.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"We can assure all of you that we are 100% sure that our product is not what the public claims it to be."

Not very convincing when they state it as an unknown like that lol. Where they cant even say we know exactly what it is and it aint that.

Odd the FB page got locked after filling up with angry comments.

I dunno?

Maybe if I was Selling 6 Feet of Wire for More than what someone could buy 100 Feet of the Same wire for on e-Bay, that I would be a Tad Secretive myself?

GPLAT WIRES | http://vapinology.com

;)

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I'm not sure what G-Plat wire is? But they say it is Not 317L. And I doubt that they will tell us Exactly What it Is because the Mark-Up they have on their Wire is Pretty High.

-Public announcement- | http://vapinology.com

Here is what AISI Type 317L should be made of.

MatWeb - The Online Materials Information Resource

But what you brought up about any Wire being Annealed, or what the "L" designates in 317L still is true.

yeah, they claim it's not 317L. But the dude that got it tested seems to have uses a very good source with quite a lot of info. But i don't claim to know anything, so who knows who's telling the truth. I don't know anything about metals and their full compounds and amounts of this and that.

Funny thing is when people get mad they are making money off of it; it's also funny that people think these branded wire companies are setting up shop producing special wire all on their own in a little vape factory. it's just a bunch of smart minded vapors with a slight amount of knowledge of heating elements. They were just smart enough to test a bunch of wire to see what works best, then slap a label on it and throw some organic cotton in with it. If your any kind of good RDA builder, a package of that stuff will last you months and months... so it ain't like it's breaking the bank. I'm a cheap ... ...., and i'll buy it now and again. I always have a bunch of cheap kanthal and nichrome on hand as well. But just because the wire existed before G-Plat came out with it doesn't make it perform any less good.

None of the wire, and i repeat, NONE of the wire we use in vaping was created magically just for vaping. All of it already existed before. Some of it just took a slightly smart minded person to test it and package it in a fancy way so that you'd end up being able to pick it up at a local vape shop.

i know you already know that zoid, just making a comment on the subject.

Reactions: zoiDman

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Hmmm i think im gonna bring back bakkero wire.

How about zapstrands? Lol

OMG, you said bakkero wire.... we got an old schooler in the house, lol. bakkero wire was the first "fanboy packaged wire" i ever picked up. I got a original Immortalizer RDA when they came out; most expensive RDA i ever bought at the time. It was kinda made for flat wire, and i didn't have any at home when i bought it, so i picked some up from the shop at the same time as well. Wasn't all that impressed with it. But it was fun watching the makers of the Nimbus call them out on it, and then bakkero call the makers of the Nimbus out on getting their attys produced in China.

that's some old school vape drama for yeah, lol. Aww, the good old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread