Ruyan V8 - different technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Dan, the Ruyan man says this - "... the Ruyan v8 is ultrasonic and there is a 1 year warranty. You also have 30 days no questions asked to return the product, for any reason. I have never had to replace my atomizer, it is a rock solid device. The cartridge tip is also shapped a bit differently."

I've never heard from anyone who owns one of these so I'm curious if any of you are considering buying one. I suppose it's an expensive thing to do if you've got no reviews to go by but they have a 30 day money back guarantee so it could be reviewed for the cost of cartridges.

I've asked Dan about the terms of the Ruyan warranty, if it's a condition that you have to use their juice/cartridges then that really hikes the price up, they are expensive.

The V8 is on Dan's site for $149 (£87). Cartridges cost $4.99 each.

I'd love to try one out on the 30 day promise just to see if it is better than the rest, if the technology is different it might be. I'm in the UK though so it's not really practical for me. :(

EDIT
Forgot to add the link to the site - http://www.smokelesswonder.com/default.asp

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ludo is Janty not Ruyan Apostle.

It's a nice looking ecig I think:

e-cigarette-blue.jpg

Ruyan e-cigarette V8-Blue - $160.00 : e-cigarette-web.com, Ruyan e-cigarette Mini e-cigarette v9 china wholesale

The value for money factor all depends on the conditions of the warranty as far as I can see. If the buyer is tied into buying their overpriced cartridges it is very expensive and limited in flavours.

I wish we had the 30 day money back deal available in the UK, I'd love to try one.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ludo used to run a Ruyan shop but he's Janty now. Just to confuse things he's now stocking Ruyan ecigars.

I think that V8 might be a mini, the measurements seem to be 100mm.

You're right Trog, I hope they're not leading us up the garden path with the ultrasonic claims. If their atomisers are the same as everybody elses I'll be very disappointed.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
The V8 isn't a mini after all, the measurements I saw were on a confused site, it was talking about something else.

My heart sank when I read this about the Ruyan warranty - "... please note that the warranty will be voided by using non approved cartridges, batteries, chargers or cords, with the product." So it looks like they bash you on the consumables. They claim that one cartridge "... equates to 1.5 to 2 packs of traditional cigarettes" Unless their cartridges are somehow different to the ones we are used to that's deliberately misleading.

Ruyan America Electronic Cigarette

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i personally own a ruyan v8. and i still have 45 of their carts lol. i can tell u that they dont last any longer then any other pen model cart out there. as for the cigarette itself they seem to work fine. the atomizer looks no different then any other pen out there that has four holes. the batteries are the same as any other classic pen model also i have used the ruyan atomizer with a njoy battery, a janty batt, and a generic batt. now i might just have a wimpy one but even before i was selling ecigs i wasnt impressed with the ruyan atomizer and if i remember right i paid about 180 dollars for the unit with no carts, but that was awhile ago. i have nothing against the ruyan just that for that money u should get something that is better an or different then whats out there right now

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Lol, I'd forgotten about being a Dudess ;)

I was hoping they really had something different Trog, as they are claiming. We could be doing with some novel technology.

They are the only guaranteed device I've come across so far that ties the buyer to their consumables, that's a terrible clause. I don't see them getting many recommendations around here.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
i personally own a ruyan v8. and i still have 45 of their carts lol. i can tell u that they dont last any longer then any other pen model cart out there. as for the cigarette itself they seem to work fine. the atomizer looks no different then any other pen out there that has four holes. the batteries are the same as any other classic pen model also i have used the ruyan atomizer with a njoy battery, a janty batt, and a generic batt. now i might just have a wimpy one but even before i was selling ecigs i wasnt impressed with the ruyan atomizer and if i remember right i paid about 180 dollars for the unit with no carts, but that was awhile ago. i have nothing against the ruyan just that for that money u should get something that is better an or different then whats out there right now

There you are Kimmie, someone who owns a V8.

KentSP

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
South Africa
This is not relevant to Ruyan. However I got a e-cigarette that states in the book it comes with

"produced by Shenzhen Huangting technologies. Adopting micro-electronic control and ultrasonic atomizing technology."

From the day I got it was a total wimp very useless and when the atomizer finally died after many months of me just trying to get it to make decent smoke cause I never actually smoked the thing I took the atomizer apart and found it was just a heating coil about 4.5cm in length when straight.
I wrapped it around some cardboard soaked it with PG attached it to the battery and blew on the battery and it made more smoke than it even made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread