Rx200s 510 swap internals question

Status
Not open for further replies.

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
I'm doing a 510 swap on my rx200s and need to know what gauge/size these 3 internal wires are.

I need to be sure because once I know the gauge of each stock wire I was wondering if it might even be a good idea to get one size bigger for each of them..or will this be pointless or even make it not work as well? I just don't know as I'm fairly new to soldering and just want to do everything right and the best way possible.

Side note:
Also thinking of using
Motley mods low profile 510 (heard they're just like the Fat Daddy but made of better, cleaner parts)
Lead free solder (best conductivity from what I've read though I'm not sure if it really even matters)
And a Dremel 200 series I've had my eye on to make the necessary modifications.

Only found 2 youtube videos on this project but im confident i can do it and the pay off if it works and all comes together will be amazing.

Thanks guys have a great weekend.

Attachments

• 20180223_155815.jpg
    20180223_155815.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
My only concern would be IF (and I do not know for sure) the device is calibrated for a specific internal resistance, and you change out the wires and 510 you could throw off the resistance reading of your coils. This would become even more important if you decide to do TC. If there is some way to re-calibrate the internal resistance setting, then this would all be a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread