Ry4 Nutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Been making my own juice for a couple of years now and love it. However, I'm experiencing quite a bit of family related stress in recent weeks and been craving tobacco flavor. I don't have any tobacco flavorings in my arsenal so I went to my local shop today and tried their Ry4 Nutty flavor and fell in love. (Had never tried any ry4 before and haven't vaped any tobacco flavor for years). It's an ry4 with a hint of hazelnut. Does anybody have a recipe that might be similar to this? I know there are different ry4 flavorings. Can you guys tell me what your experiences are if you've used them, and differences between them if you've tried more than one? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: stols001

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Hi,
I love TFA Double RY-4.
I use it at 10% as a standalone.
In mixes I start at 5%.

Huge archived RY-4 thread here: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Cheers
I

Thanks for the link. I thought there was a big thread somewhere but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. The TFA ry4 double was one I was interested in trying. That it works as a standalone is an added plus. Thanks so much!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for the link. I thought there was a big thread somewhere but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. The TFA ry4 double was one I was interested in trying. That it works as a standalone is an added plus. Thanks so much!

You are very welcome,
When I mix RY-4, I always give it 3 or 4 weeks to steep/age/develop.
I tend to mix 500ml at 10% Dry-4 and 10mg/ml (Freebase) shake it and let it sit.
I dilute it 50% when mixing and add my flavors on top.
Fruits are fine to shake and vape, IMO.
Nuts, bakery layers (graham/donut/cake) and creams may need extra blending time to fully mature.
Read reviews of the flavours you are considering to get a ballpark idea of percentages. You can always add a bit more, taking some out is a bear.

Have fun
I

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
You are very welcome,
When I mix RY-4, I always give it 3 or 4 weeks to steep/age/develop.
I tend to mix 500ml at 10% Dry-4 and 10mg/ml (Freebase) shake it and let it sit.
I dilute it 50% when mixing and add my flavors on top.
Fruits are fine to shake and vape, IMO.
Nuts, bakery layers (graham/donut/cake) and creams may need extra blending time to fully mature.
Read reviews of the flavours you are considering to get a ballpark idea of percentages. You can always add a bit more, taking some out is a bear.

Have fun
I
Steeping is not a big deal for me. I use Real Flavors most of the time and they have a long steep time. I will definitely be ordering some of the ry4 double in the near future though!

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    It's an ry4 with a hint of hazelnut. Does anybody have a recipe that might be similar to this?

Having all the ingredients, I happened upon this recipe. It's one of the highest rated recipes on ELR.
    I might give it a try.

goofy's juice.png

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2016
    Having all the ingredients, I happened upon this recipe. It's one of the highest rated recipes on ELR.
    I might give it a try.

View attachment 754473
    That looks really good! I just ordered some of the ry4 double, I'm missing some of the others. I'll pick them up next time I do an order though cuz it looks real yummy! Thank you for posting.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    This thread is a little old but I thought I could add some good suggestions. Purilum sweet tobacco is a really good nutty tobacco standalone at 7-10%. The beauty of this flavoring is it’s also great mixed with lots of stuff. If you want more tobacco-like flavored juice sweet tobacco at7% and Inawera gold ducat at 2-3% is another delicious vape. Another popular one is sweet T and flavor West butterscotch ripple 7% + 3% respectfully. Sweet t and TFA pistachio you guessed it 7% and 3%. I also added some Purilum simply cake at 2-3% to that last recipe and really like it.
    I used to vape TFA ry4 double for a couple years by itself and occasionally mixed with other things. Obviously I liked it to stick with it for so long but I must say it can’t hold a candle to sweet tobacco by Purilum. Versatile and delicious, after my first order I liked it so much I just broke down and got the 500ml bottle because I knew I was gonna be using it a lot.
    Give it a try, I think you will enjoy it and good luck to you. I hope you are having success with your RY4 inspired recipes.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2016
    This thread is a little old but I thought I could add some good suggestions. Purilum sweet tobacco is a really good nutty tobacco standalone at 7-10%. The beauty of this flavoring is it’s also great mixed with lots of stuff. If you want more tobacco-like flavored juice sweet tobacco at7% and Inawera gold ducat at 2-3% is another delicious vape. Another popular one is sweet T and flavor West butterscotch ripple 7% + 3% respectfully. Sweet t and TFA pistachio you guessed it 7% and 3%. I also added some Purilum simply cake at 2-3% to that last recipe and really like it.
    I used to vape TFA ry4 double for a couple years by itself and occasionally mixed with other things. Obviously I liked it to stick with it for so long but I must say it can’t hold a candle to sweet tobacco by Purilum. Versatile and delicious, after my first order I liked it so much I just broke down and got the 500ml bottle because I knew I was gonna be using it a lot.
    Give it a try, I think you will enjoy it and good luck to you. I hope you are having success with your RY4 inspired recipes.
    Thanks! I will definitely keep tgose in mind!

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Obsidian and pistachio ry4 are both really good too. Recipes available on the diyordie site for free.

I have @250ml of each steeping. They both utterly destroy coils, but the heart is there.

I’m loving the combo of FW yellow cake 1% and FW hazelnut .5% in other recipes, so I mixed up some ry4d @5% with those 2.

The possibilities are pretty endless with ry4 d.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2016
    Obsidian and pistachio ry4 are both really good too. Recipes available on the diyordie site for free.

I have @250ml of each steeping. They both utterly destroy coils, but the heart is there.

I’m loving the combo of FW yellow cake 1% and FW hazelnut .5% in other recipes, so I mixed up some ry4d @5% with those 2.

The possibilities are pretty endless with ry4 d.
    Thanks! I'd forgotten how bad some juices were for coils until I got this juice...but it tastes so good I don't mind the more frequent rewickings! I do think I will play around with the ry4 d and some of the other flavors I already have on hand. I don't have any hazelnut but I do have peanut butter...

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Thanks! I'd forgotten how bad some juices were for coils until I got this juice...but it tastes so good I don't mind the more frequent rewickings! I do think I will play around with the ry4 d and some of the other flavors I already have on hand. I don't have any hazelnut but I do have peanut butter...
    The ry4d has ethyl malto in it so when using it in a mix take that into account. If you add more you can mute the flavor all together. I used it for years and didn’t know that so i figured I’d get the word out because it’s not common knowledge

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2016
    The ry4d has ethyl malto in it so when using it in a mix take that into account. If you add more you can mute the flavor all together. I used it for years and didn’t know that so i figured I’d get the word out because it’s not common knowledge
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I've never added any to anything anyway, but for sure will add it to my notes just in case.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I've never added any to anything anyway, but for sure will add it to my notes just in case.
    Yea I used it for years and would always add a little em, then I was looking at the TFA website and noticed em was an ingredient in the flavoring. Pass it along because I think it’s important to note

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Alot of mixers find they don't really like the TFA RY4 Double after awhile. There are a few really good alternatives (Better IMO). Holy Holy Grail RY4 by DIYFS (DIY Flavor Shack) is an excellent one, really nice. Another is Jungle Flavors RY4, and I find that on ECX. Hangsen has been making RY4 for years, and when I used to crave a really strong stout RY4 I would mix that up straight....altho finding it here in the US is getting difficult...they call that concentrate an 'essence'....you can still find that one at Bull City Flavors...I used to like that one at 10%. But give the Holy Grail and the Jungle Flavors a try, they're very well regarded in the community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread