Difference between TPA RY4 Double, RY4 Asian, and RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeeug

Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
Hoping someone can describe the difference in these flavors to me? I am after the tobacco leaf component in RY4 Double, but I feel that RY4 Double is too sweet for me. I would like the tobacco leaf component without sweetness or less sweetness, and hoping RY4 Asian, or plain RY4, or any other tobaccos from TPA might have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Please see below for TFA's description of each flavor. I have tried the RY4 Asian and RY4 Double. I do not like the flavor of the Asian as it seemed dry and very strong to me at various % strengths. I use the RY4 Double in a few recipes as a RY4 tobacco base at usually <6%. Hope this helps.

Ry4 Type Flavor**
Water soluble.

This is one variation on an RY4 flavor, we also have two others so we recommend getting the small size to see if it is right for you!

There is a slight floral note in this blend that is missing from the other RY4 versions we carry some customers really want this note, others don't.

Alert:
This flavor has been reclassified as not flammable/HAZMAT in the U.S, but is still HAZMAT for international shipping
No hazmat fee will be added, 4ml or 15ml sizes qualify for "excepted quantity" which is a free service.

Ingredients: Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Ethyl Alcohol.

RY4 Double Flavor
Water soluble.

This is a very popular tobacco blend with caramel tones.
** Some customers detect a very slight fruity note to this flavor, but others don't.
We also offer RY4 Asian, which has no fruity note.

Ingredients: Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, Water.

RY4 Asian Flavor
Water soluble.

This flavor is a stronger and more caramel type flavor than our original RY4.

Some customers prefer our RY4 Double, and other customers prefer this flavor.

*** Warning: there are some customers who don't like this flavor, it is recommended (as always) to just try a small amount first before buying a larger bottle. But that's why we offer both!)

* Note: This flavor contains 'custard' ingredients: Acetoin. The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes. Perfumer's Apprentice

Ingredients: Artificial Flavor, Propylene Glycol.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
RY4 Double is heavy on the caramel/sweet compared to RY4 Type.

I don't care for RY4 Type at all. It has a "grassy/green/unripe/raw" note I'm not fond of, but don't let that stop you from trying it out. It might be what you're looking for.

Haven't tried the Asian.

I like Double, it blends well with creams and vanillas. If I wanted to bring the tobacco forward, I'd probably try combining with one of Hangsen's, like Hava (HA Tobacco).

I'm not really fond of TFA's tobaccos, which is not to say they're bad...just IMAO there are much better tobaccos from other companies.

Re: RY4 Double, the first recipe I tried with it was this (sorry, I do not remember where I got it!)...

TFA Ry4 Double 8%
TFA Sweet Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4%

That one has been in my rotation since the beginning.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hi,
Hoping someone can describe the difference in these flavors to me? I am after the tobacco leaf component in RY4 Double, but I feel that RY4 Double is too sweet for me. I would like the tobacco leaf component without sweetness or less sweetness, and hoping RY4 Asian, or plain RY4, or any other tobaccos from TPA might have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Try the Hangsen RY4 it's very much like the original Runyon RY4 which started the whole RY4 craze. It's more tobacco then sweetness. So if you want to increase or modify sweetness by adding caramel, cream, vanilla to your liking, Hangsen ry4 is your answer for an RY4 base

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread