Safe VG to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamHam

Jul 3, 2017
Hi all,

I'm currently in a country where I cannot get my hands easily on VG from vaping suppliers and my only option is the chemical suppliers. I've started searching online and i see that there are some unsafe chemical in certain VG liquids that i must avoid and its got me confused. It seems relying purely on the chemical compound or the CAS number (56-81-5) is not sufficient. I gathered i must go for USP or EP approved grades anyways but are there some other indicators as to what i can consider safe?

For example, this seems to be available to me immediately.

Thank you for your help in advance and i apologise if this question has been asked many times before.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all,

I'm currently in a country where I cannot get my hands easily on VG from vaping suppliers and my only option is the chemical suppliers. I've started searching online and i see that there are some unsafe chemical in certain VG liquids that i must avoid and its got me confused. It seems relying purely on the chemical compound or the CAS number (56-81-5) is not sufficient. I gathered i must go for USP or EP approved grades anyways but are there some other indicators as to what i can consider safe?

For example, this seems to be available to me immediately.

Thank you for your help in advance and i apologise if this question has been asked many times before.
Always get USP GRADE 99.5% pure

NEVER GET GET SOAP OR FOOD GRADE VG.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Anything labeled "food grade" should be fine.

I disagree. "Food Grade" can mean a lot of things but one thing it doesn't mean is "pure." USP is the standard that the DIY liquid mixer-upper needs. That is 99.5% pure.

Almost every pharmacy on the planet sells it, usually for about $1.00 US per fluid ounce. It all comes from one factory and it's all vegetable based.

It's worth noting that Glycerin USP is food grade, always and everywhere. But food grade is not necessarily USP.

Politely (or not) reject any statements regarding animal products in Glycerin USP, and run away from any nuthole selling "organic," "GMO-free" or "gluten-free" glycerin.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I disagree. "Food Grade" can mean a lot of things but one thing it doesn't mean is "pure." USP is the standard that the DIY liquid mixer-upper needs. That is 99.5% pure.

Almost every pharmacy on the planet sells it, usually for about $1.00 US per fluid ounce. It all comes from one factory and it's all vegetable based.

It's worth noting that Glycerin USP is food grade, always and everywhere. But food grade is not necessarily USP.

Politely (or not) reject any statements regarding animal products in Glycerin USP, and run away from any nuthole selling "organic," "GMO-free" or "gluten-free" glycerin.

USP is a USA specific grading system though. The OP is specifically dealing with an unspecified non USA/EU nation. Having to import VG from the USA is probably ruinously expensive pretty much everywhere outside it.

I take your point though. For anyone in North America "USP food grade" is the thing to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread