The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Salt Nic 48 mg/ml

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by BMarcos, Jun 11, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BMarcos

BMarcos New Member

Jun 11, 2021
    Hello!
    I started vaping recently, i followed the suggestions of a local shop and used a salt nic 48 mg/ml with a Smok Novo + 0.8 ohm coil.
    I have been vaping about 4 ml / day, about ~200 mg of nicotine per day!
    (20 cigarettes are equivalent to 20 mg of nicotine)
    I was feeling really anxious and depressed in the past few weeks and got scared until I realised my big mistake.
    Are you guys vaping salt nic 48 mg/ml? Have you ever had the same side effects?

Thanks!
    Marcos

2. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  3. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Sadly, local shops are often a poor place to get information. I'm glad you got things figured out, though you must have had some unpleasant times in the process.

48 mg/ml is meant for really weak devices like the Juul (and even then it's a really high concentration), and I think yours is a little more powerful. Anxiety is a common symptom of excess nicotine. I don't know about depression, but anxiety can certainly contribute to depression so there could be a link there.

It's also possible you're still adjusting to removing the cigarettes. They don't just have nicotine, but also numerous psychoactive chemicals. Most people will adjust to the loss of those substances within a few weeks, so if that's the problem (or part of it) you should see some improvement soon.

One caveat about calculating the nicotine equivalency of cigarettes and vaping: It's not really directly equivalent. For starters, less nicotine is absorbed through vaping than through smoking, so you'd expect your vaping nicotine consumption to appear higher than your smoking consumption (although not necessarily that much higher!) I'd suggest not thinking about the numbers too much and listening to your body instead.

Welcome to ECF, and I wish you the best of luck finding the right concentration!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

5. BMarcos

BMarcos New Member

Jun 11, 2021
    Thanks a lot,
    I will reduce the nicotine level and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Welcome aboard!

Good advice and information has already been given

If it were me I'd start off with maybe 20 strength salts to begin with and work up slowly if that didn't keep the Cravings Monkey at bay, just buying one 10 mil bottle at a time til you find your level.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Territoo

Territoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    What you've been vaping is a lot, but not out of the realm of abnormal. It would be better to cut down the nic as long as it keeps the cravings at bay. Anxiety and depression are normal nicotine withdrawal symptoms or you could just be depressed. Jitters, lightheadedness or dizziness, nausea are symptoms of nicotine sickness and you definitely need to stop vaping so much.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice ThenOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Inter-Between
    Hello and Welcome to ECF Marcos :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.