The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sanyo 20700's

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Moezso, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    It's generally a case of all of the above. Usually with large sellers, it's having a company and buying wholesale. They then don't have a physical front (or maybe they do) so can sell with little overhead. Then again (as with most vape stuff) it's coming out of China from the likes of FT, DHG and the like.

There are occasions where it is overstock or clearance stuff being bought up or maybe even auction buys from defunct companies. They do sell B stock as well, there used to be a store near me that sold only Wally World return items, so I'd imagine something of the like happens on Ebay as well.

Lastly there's the darker side of it, stuff that "fell" off the truck. Now there's no way to prove it of course nor how often it may be happening. I for one have no doubt that there are many items on there that are "hotter than a two dollar pistol" as the saying goes, lol.

The biggest issue is product validity and repercussion, which is very little in auction sites. A buyer is buying as is. Now sellers aren't allowed to outright lie but there is a lot of room for wiggle. Since the actual site (Ebay) doesn't lay hands or eyes on the product(s), if a problem arises, it becomes a he said she said game.

It then becomes more beneficial to a seller with many high marks, than to a buyer with less transactions. Think in lines of trying to argue a ticket in court, who's the judge most likely to believe? In effect it, no longer is the truth looked at but who "may" be more likely to tell the truth.

I rarely buy from Ebay due to the fact it is self policing, so Ebay has more to gain from keeping high volume sellers, as to siding with low volume buyers. In short it is a rigged system, you have a fairer chance of results by just flipping a coin, at least then it's a unbiased blind decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zaryk

Zaryk Super Member Verified Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I totally agree on both of your guys points. But keep in mind that sanyo batteries have traceable date codes. You can verify when that battery was made. All of the batteries I received were dated June 20 2017 according to batterybro.com.

Also, these batteries were quite expensive at almost $20 each. If this seller priced them at or around standard retail prices, it would have sent up a huge red flag just as you said.

But I digress, I have made my point and I have heard some very informative and logical points of view while doing so, which gives one some food for thought. (Sometimes it is fairly pleasant to have an friendly, mature debate) Hopefully these batteries will start piping up on trusted retail sites soon so we will not have to worry as much about encountering counterfeits of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. SavageCheef

SavageCheef Full Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Date codes can easily be faked as well as looks, only way to know they are authentic is to test them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Wiamiere

Wiamiere Full Member

Dec 4, 2017

liionwholesale.com
    18650batterystore.com
    imrbatteries.com
    fogstar.co.uk
    naturevape.co.uk
    ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
    nkon.nl

All of the above stores now have the incredible samsung 21700 30t & 21700 40t's (Vapcell rewraps), the Vapcell 20700 3100mah 30a(better than vtc5a and 5-prong iJoy) and the the Sanyo 20700A(vapocell rewrap) in stock as i write this!

Ecolux actually (& only) have the Samsung 21700 30T available in its original wrap!

Use code 'POTV15' for 15% off @ Fogstar :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    IMRBatteries had the OEM wrapped 30T too. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. dripster

dripster Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    The Sanyo 20700A 30A 3100mAh 20700 rewrapped by Vapcell (i.e. the Vapcell INR20700 30A 3200mAh) is already sold out at fogstar.co.uk and at ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk, whereas at naturevape.co.uk it is like a whopping 80 percent more expensive. NKON have never listed this battery on their website AFAIK, but they do have the Vapcell INR20700 3100mAh 30A (better than Sony VTC5A and 5-prong iJoy 20700).

• Like Like x 2
  7. SavageCheef

SavageCheef Full Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Errr, LiionWholesale has the OEM 30T in stock not rewrapped as well as the Vapcell rewrap.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zaryk

Zaryk Super Member Verified Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    As well as the OEM wrapped 40T 21700. I am really glad I grabbed a few while they were in stock, awesome batteries.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wiamiere

Wiamiere Full Member

Dec 4, 2017

I know lol, I was being lazy in not specifying exactly which cells were in and out of stock at which Vendor. It was easier for me just to list all the Vendors I kno of that carry the mentioned cells, especially since I have already posted in stock Vendor links to specific cells many, many times already across all the Mooch testing threads related to them.

I appreciate you pointing this out though, You've saved me doing it again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wiamiere

Wiamiere Full Member

Dec 4, 2017

Thanks Mooch!

Sanyo ncr2070c test in the next day or so? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;)

Sorry fella, I know I'm an impatient sod!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    This week or next, going full time for two weeks for my patrons soon so will catch up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wiamiere

Wiamiere Full Member

Dec 4, 2017

I know, I've requested it there too on your '13 days' post lol!

....along with a comparison of it to the Sanyo A, 30T, 40T and Vapcell 18650 2000mah 38a (Samsung 20s?)

The message I wrote on your Patreon about this is so bloody long though I think people fell asleep whilst attempting to read it all!:)

Btw, have you ever tested, or are you planning on testing the Vapcell 18650 2400mah 30a(Samsung 24s)?
    I cannot find a test by yourself anywhere and yet in a FB post by Vapcell back at the start of this year they said they were sending it to you. I'm taking it they did not :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    They did not :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. dripster

dripster Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    The reason I thought it was important to make the kind of distinction was because they had sold out pretty much immediately. I know this because I checked at the time when they were showing "in stock", and I checked them again within the next day so basically "in stock" = "out of stock excepting only if either you were able to luck out or you have 80 percent extra money to burn".

That said, I got the Vapcell INR20700 30A 3100mAh instead, and got it from NKON last week. It initially hits harder than the Sanyo A ("A" for "anyway"?) :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. VapingJKT

VapingJKT Full Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Anyway since we talking about vappower earlier.

I bought 2 vappower 20700A 3000mAH, they were okay I guess.

But yeah, need to charge very often. Charging from 3,5 volt to 4,2 volt only take around 1800 mAH according to Xtar VC4. Compared to VTC 5A, it push more mAH to become full (4,2volt) from 3,5 volt.

Since I usually stop at 3.5V, this basically give me half of the capacity. Not sure this is normal, its my only 20700A batteries :)

• Like Like x 1