Sanyo 20700's

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I think good points are being made. I do agree there are more reputable sellers on ebay versus not, but since it's achievable (and often equally as inexpensive) I really prefer using Mooch's "safe suppliers" list, and I'm happy it's around. I buy consistently from IMRbatteries.com, their prices are great, and they get to me as soon as, if not sooner than items from Ebay. There are things I would and wouldn't purchase on Ebay depending on the seller's ratings and reputation but batteries wouldn't be one of them, even if I genuinely TRUSTED that the vendor in question was a good one.

Here is my question though, how is ebay selling "trusted reputable brands from big name sellers" at a highly discounted price? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me that they would be "cheaper" if authentic, because if the seller is "reselling" "authentic" batteries from "reputable sellers" to make any money at all, the prices would need to be higher not lower.

That would make me worried about several things:
a) are they old, overstock, or seconds or even batteries purchased and left to sit for a long time, then "sold off."
b) Are they "seconds" that the seller was able to get their hands on cheaply... because they failed QR?
c) Does the seller himself know if they are used/counterfeit/seconds, it's possible not.

I just don't see "they're cheaper than the "recommended" sellers" being all that great of a sign. I would expect them to be MORE expensive unless the seller has some special battery connection I don't know about... Possible, but how likely?

IDK, batteries is an area where I do not pinch my pennies. Other places, maybe, but not batteries.

Anna

It's generally a case of all of the above. Usually with large sellers, it's having a company and buying wholesale. They then don't have a physical front (or maybe they do) so can sell with little overhead. Then again (as with most vape stuff) it's coming out of China from the likes of FT, DHG and the like.

There are occasions where it is overstock or clearance stuff being bought up or maybe even auction buys from defunct companies. They do sell B stock as well, there used to be a store near me that sold only Wally World return items, so I'd imagine something of the like happens on Ebay as well.

Lastly there's the darker side of it, stuff that "fell" off the truck. Now there's no way to prove it of course nor how often it may be happening. I for one have no doubt that there are many items on there that are "hotter than a two dollar pistol" as the saying goes, lol.

The biggest issue is product validity and repercussion, which is very little in auction sites. A buyer is buying as is. Now sellers aren't allowed to outright lie but there is a lot of room for wiggle. Since the actual site (Ebay) doesn't lay hands or eyes on the product(s), if a problem arises, it becomes a he said she said game.

It then becomes more beneficial to a seller with many high marks, than to a buyer with less transactions. Think in lines of trying to argue a ticket in court, who's the judge most likely to believe? In effect it, no longer is the truth looked at but who "may" be more likely to tell the truth.

I rarely buy from Ebay due to the fact it is self policing, so Ebay has more to gain from keeping high volume sellers, as to siding with low volume buyers. In short it is a rigged system, you have a fairer chance of results by just flipping a coin, at least then it's a unbiased blind decision.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I totally agree on both of your guys points. But keep in mind that sanyo batteries have traceable date codes. You can verify when that battery was made. All of the batteries I received were dated June 20 2017 according to batterybro.com.

Also, these batteries were quite expensive at almost $20 each. If this seller priced them at or around standard retail prices, it would have sent up a huge red flag just as you said.

But I digress, I have made my point and I have heard some very informative and logical points of view while doing so, which gives one some food for thought. (Sometimes it is fairly pleasant to have an friendly, mature debate) Hopefully these batteries will start piping up on trusted retail sites soon so we will not have to worry as much about encountering counterfeits of them.

SavageCheef

Mar 2, 2018
I totally agree on both of your guys points. But keep in mind that sanyo batteries have traceable date codes. You can verify when that battery was made. All of the batteries I received were dated June 20 2017 according to batterybro.com.

Also, these batteries were quite expensive at almost $20 each. If this seller priced them at or around standard retail prices, it would have sent up a huge red flag just as you said.

But I digress, I have made my point and I have heard some very informative and logical points of view while doing so, which gives one some food for thought. (Sometimes it is fairly pleasant to have an friendly, mature debate) Hopefully these batteries will start piping up on trusted retail sites soon so we will not have to worry as much about encountering counterfeits of them.
Date codes can easily be faked as well as looks, only way to know they are authentic is to test them.

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
Anyone know where to find any ncr20700a's or vapcell gold 20700's(rewrapped sanyo's)? Or am I SOL? What's the next best 20700?

Sorry to sound noobish but well, I am a noob to mech mods.

P.S. if this isn't the proper place to post this feel free to move it appropriately.

liionwholesale.com
18650batterystore.com
imrbatteries.com
fogstar.co.uk
naturevape.co.uk
ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
nkon.nl

All of the above stores now have the incredible samsung 21700 30t & 21700 40t's (Vapcell rewraps), the Vapcell 20700 3100mah 30a(better than vtc5a and 5-prong iJoy) and the the Sanyo 20700A(vapocell rewrap) in stock as i write this!

Ecolux actually (& only) have the Samsung 21700 30T available in its original wrap!

Use code 'POTV15' for 15% off @ Fogstar :)

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    liionwholesale.com
    18650batterystore.com
    imrbatteries.com
    fogstar.co.uk
    naturevape.co.uk
    ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
    nkon.nl

All of the above stores now have the incredible samsung 21700 30t & 21700 40t's (Vapcell rewraps), the Vapcell 20700 3100mah 30a(better than vtc5a and 5-prong iJoy) and the the Sanyo 20700A(vapocell rewrap) in stock as i write this!

Ecolux actually (& only) have the Samsung 21700 30T available in its original wrap!

IMRBatteries had the OEM wrapped 30T too. :)

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    liionwholesale.com
    18650batterystore.com
    imrbatteries.com
    fogstar.co.uk
    naturevape.co.uk
    ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
    nkon.nl

The Sanyo 20700A 30A 3100mAh 20700 rewrapped by Vapcell (i.e. the Vapcell INR20700 30A 3200mAh) is already sold out at fogstar.co.uk and at ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk, whereas at naturevape.co.uk it is like a whopping 80 percent more expensive. NKON have never listed this battery on their website AFAIK, but they do have the Vapcell INR20700 3100mAh 30A (better than Sony VTC5A and 5-prong iJoy 20700).

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    The Sanyo 20700A 30A 3100mAh 20700 rewrapped by Vapcell (i.e. the Vapcell INR20700 30A 3200mAh) is already sold out at fogstar.co.uk and at ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk, whereas at naturevape.co.uk it is like a whopping 80 percent more expensive. NKON have never listed this battery on their website AFAIK, but they do have the Vapcell INR20700 3100mAh 30A (better than Sony VTC5A and 5-prong iJoy 20700).

I know lol, I was being lazy in not specifying exactly which cells were in and out of stock at which Vendor. It was easier for me just to list all the Vendors I kno of that carry the mentioned cells, especially since I have already posted in stock Vendor links to specific cells many, many times already across all the Mooch testing threads related to them.

I appreciate you pointing this out though, You've saved me doing it again! :)

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    This week or next, going full time for two weeks for my patrons soon so will catch up.

I know, I've requested it there too on your '13 days' post lol!

....along with a comparison of it to the Sanyo A, 30T, 40T and Vapcell 18650 2000mah 38a (Samsung 20s?)

The message I wrote on your Patreon about this is so bloody long though I think people fell asleep whilst attempting to read it all!:)

Btw, have you ever tested, or are you planning on testing the Vapcell 18650 2400mah 30a(Samsung 24s)?
    I cannot find a test by yourself anywhere and yet in a FB post by Vapcell back at the start of this year they said they were sending it to you. I'm taking it they did not :(

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I know, I've requested it there too on your '13 days' post lol!

....along with a comparison of it to the Sanyo A, 30T, 40T and Vapcell 18650 2000mah 38a (Samsung 20s?)

The message I wrote on your Patreon about this is so bloody long though I think people fell asleep whilst attempting to read it all!:)

Btw, have you ever tested, or are you planning on testing the Vapcell 18650 2400mah 30a(Samsung 24s)?
    I cannot find a test by yourself anywhere and yet in a FB post by Vapcell back at the start of this year they said they were sending it to you. I'm taking it they did not :(

They did not :(

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    I know lol, I was being lazy in not specifying exactly which cells were in and out of stock at which Vendor. It was easier for me just to list all the Vendors I kno of that carry the mentioned cells, especially since I have already posted in stock Vendor links to specific cells many, many times already across all the Mooch testing threads related to them.

I appreciate you pointing this out though, You've saved me doing it again! :)
    The reason I thought it was important to make the kind of distinction was because they had sold out pretty much immediately. I know this because I checked at the time when they were showing "in stock", and I checked them again within the next day so basically "in stock" = "out of stock excepting only if either you were able to luck out or you have 80 percent extra money to burn".

That said, I got the Vapcell INR20700 30A 3100mAh instead, and got it from NKON last week. It initially hits harder than the Sanyo A ("A" for "anyway"?) :D

VapingJKT

Mar 1, 2018
    Anyway since we talking about vappower earlier.

I bought 2 vappower 20700A 3000mAH, they were okay I guess.

But yeah, need to charge very often. Charging from 3,5 volt to 4,2 volt only take around 1800 mAH according to Xtar VC4. Compared to VTC 5A, it push more mAH to become full (4,2volt) from 3,5 volt.

Since I usually stop at 3.5V, this basically give me half of the capacity. Not sure this is normal, its my only 20700A batteries :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread