• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SAVE OUR RIGHT TO VAPE "common kiwis"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
[h=3]Vapeing Petition- SAVE OUR RIGHT TO VAPE[/h]I reckon this is a good idea, im willing to get a petition going to present to various MP's and parliament to "save our right to vape" i tried patches, didn't work for me, the gum made me gag and choke when i chewed it!! theres something weird in that gum!! .. and i wouldn't touch champix with a ten foot pole due to potential health issues and side effects.. for me i was able to use vapeing as a way to stop smoking ciggies. some people have used it to cut down on the number of ciggies they do smoke.. i think vapeing should be a smoking alternative available for kiwi's to use!! many on this forum have quit or cut back on ciggies because of the vape... so lets try and protect our right to vape.. Now i need you help.. how about some suggestions and ideas/statements you would like to see in a petition!!! common guy's fire them at me.. and ill do my best to get something up that we can sign and have friends sign and present this to our politicians.. cheers... am also thinking maybe on-line petition as well.. " IF YOU DONT DO ANYTHING THAN YOU CANT COMPLAIN IF THE RIGHT TO VAPE IS TAKEN AWAY"
so fire away folks!!!!!...................... :):)

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
Sorry MM,dont really come to this bit much.

There has been a tiny bit of talk on the NZ forum but to be honest people seem to be taking a wait and see approach and thinking that it will all be ok.

I could not disagree more,this is the watershed and unless we speak very soon we will get rolled.

I am ready to help but lack the organisational skills to get things going,I do have time though.

Are you BB on kiwi vapers?you dont have to answer that if you dont wish to of course.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Have I missed some change? Or proposed change?
Really the issue is not whether we can vape, but about the sale of nicotine. I'm not sure a petition will be the way to change that - it would have to be worded very carefully. We can buy ecigs, and even juice, but the nicotine is where the problem is. I am down to 0mg nic now but spent over a year ordering my nic juice from overseas.
I'd have to think about the best way to try and change the nic situation here. I think more education about nicotine would be helpful.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
wait and see does seems to be the approach. the problem is the wait. you wait too long then nek minnut.... no more. yea your right k-vap- its not whether we can vape or not. the problem is what the law makers over here do. im concerned that we will end up not being able to import nic and or juice containing nic and the only thing we can get is carto style ezy puff or elusion ect.. while the cig-a-likes are a ok intro to vapeing they are expensive, about $25 for 5 cartos. the price and lack of performance puts a lot of people off, where as a bottle of juice and even a ego battery and a decent clearo gives a heavy ciggie smoker a better alternative. K.V.you may be right that if the issue of nic is pushed the in the limelight the plug may get pulled. maybe education is the key. kiwis are a pretty laid back bunch and apathy may lead to vapeing being steamrolled into oblivion!!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
wait and see does seems to be the approach. the problem is the wait. you wait too long then nek minnut.... no more. yea your right k-vap- its not whether we can vape or not. the problem is what the law makers over here do. im concerned that we will end up not being able to import nic and or juice containing nic and the only thing we can get is carto style ezy puff or elusion ect.. while the cig-a-likes are a ok intro to vapeing they are expensive, about $25 for 5 cartos. the price and lack of performance puts a lot of people off, where as a bottle of juice and even a ego battery and a decent clearo gives a heavy ciggie smoker a better alternative. K.V.you may be right that if the issue of nic is pushed the in the limelight the plug may get pulled. maybe education is the key. kiwis are a pretty laid back bunch and apathy may lead to vapeing being steamrolled into oblivion!!

Yeah - and lol- nek minnut. The price of the local stuff is too high - I started with a Hydro and its $35 for 5 cartos and they are tiny! I haven't tried Elusion - I'd like to know if they have 510 or 808 threads or are another proprietary outfit that lock people into buying their stuff because they aren't compatible. I'd be happy to see some of those ego packets in the shops the ones with an Ego and usb charger.
At the moment I'm not hearing any noise about importing nic. Tariana has been the biggest obstacle as far as I can see - but her party is going through some changes so maybe it will work out better for us.

Naked Vapor are a good outfit. I buy a few things from him, and I do a lot of ordering from different places overseas. But I hear you - it would be nice if vapers were be able to order nic juice here and have it arrive within 2 days.

mattrix

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
AU
I dont know how things are over there, but I'd be real careful about promoting it as a smoking cessation product.
Over here that would result in it being lumped with NRT. Then there will have to be clinical trials, and sellers will need a pharmacy license. Read big $$$

And then because it has been made available locally, it would probably be made illegal to import it.

IMHO it needs to be lumped with cigarettes and alcohol as an adult recreational activity. But then both of them are heavily taxed and regulated.

The wait and see attitude, realises that things are probably better now than they will be when its officially recognized.
Its a fine line - just don't wait too long!!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I dont know how things are over there, but I'd be real careful about promoting it as a smoking cessation product.
Over here that would result in it being lumped with NRT. Then there will have to be clinical trials, and sellers will need a pharmacy license. Read big $$$

And then because it has been made available locally, it would probably be made illegal to import it.

IMHO it needs to be lumped with cigarettes and alcohol as an adult recreational activity. But then both of them are heavily taxed and regulated.

The wait and see attitude, realises that things are probably better now than they will be when its officially recognized.
Its a fine line - just don't wait too long!!

Its illegal to buy and sell nicotine locally - so anything made or sold here is nic free and doesn't need to be classed as medical. Its recreational. I haven't seen the locally distributed products advertised as smoking cessation - there are radio ads that promote vaping as better than smoking.
We can import nic juice for personal use so that's what some people do. Others seem to make do with zero nic. I have been trying to understand the Aus situation - it seems different states have different regulations. It would be nice if NZ and Aus vapers could buy nic juice locally wouldn't it.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
you're right k.v. it would be way better if we could get it locally, heck they grow tobacco here so why not make nic for us, then they can tax it- get thier slice of the $$$ and we can vape in peace!!

It would be quicker and cost less on shipping for vapers here for sure.

mattrix

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
AU
... use vapeing as a way to stop smoking ciggies. some people have used it to cut down on the number of ciggies they do smoke.. i think vapeing should be a smoking alternative

I don't know what the situation is here :confused:, I think its not so much that it is legal to import nic juice, just that its not illegal yet. Although it seem to contravene several bits of legislation.

I'm in the nanny state, hell shops have to hide cigarettes under the counter here.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I don't know what the situation is here :confused:, I think its not so much that it is legal to import nic juice, just that its not illegal yet. Although it seem to contravene several bits of legislation.

I'm in the nanny state, hell shops have to hide cigarettes under the counter here.

They have to hide cigs in cupboards here too now. And I think plain packaging is on the way.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
yea im sure he's flirting with the law, leagally though - he seems to have nic in both countries and ships to the other. so if you in oz he ships from n.z- if you in n.z and you order he ships from oz.. ive never ordered from them and probaly wont, but gotta admit- ballsy business idea!!! good on him i say!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread