• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Save that cartomizer filler material

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Many new vapers start out with a cartomizer type electronic cigarette. A cartomizer is the type that has the atomizer in the cartridge, also known as a two part e-cig, cartomizer and battery.

Some vapers will stay with a cartomizer and some will move on to a three part e-cig, that has a separate cartridge, atomizer and battery and some will use both, like I do.

Three part e-cigs are more versatile, as it is easy to refill the cartridge with e-juice and you will save a lot of money refilling your own carts. After a number of uses and rinses, the filler material becomes "ratty" and you have to replace it. I remove the filler from my cartomizers, when they are empty and save it to use as replacement in my Joye 510 cartridge (three part e-cig).

It's easy to remove the filler from a cartomizer. Just pop the top off of the cartridge, remove the washer underneath and there is the filler material, rolled around the atomizer. I use tweezers to remove the filler from the cartridge and atomizer, rinse and dry it. I think the cartomizer filler works even better than the filler material that came with my 510 cartridges.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Hi Jerry,

I suggest to people they save all thier dead and unused hardware. When modding, its a treasure chest of "just the right size" parts. Except for the 801 most battery tubes can be cut for making and atty. I am just finishing Coil Making 101 in the atty modders thread. After that It's on to putting it in different models. I plan to do a rebuild thread on cartomizers too. The KR808 looks promising for rebuilding.
Saving stuff like you suggested might be the parts for taking 2 bad ones to a good new rebuilt one.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Hi Jerry,

I suggest to people they save all thier dead and unused hardware. When modding, its a treasure chest of "just the right size" parts. Except for the 801 most battery tubes can be cut for making and atty. I am just finishing Coil Making 101 in the atty modders thread. After that It's on to putting it in different models. I plan to do a rebuild thread on cartomizers too. The KR808 looks promising for rebuilding.
Saving stuff like you suggested might be the parts for taking 2 bad ones to a good new rebuilt one.

That's a very good point, Vaporer. Save those parts, you may need them later!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread