Saving my batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
Dear
Today i made a mistake
So i created a 5 liter batch out of my recipe, but instead of putting 0.15% of one flavor (banana ripe), i put 1.15% instead.

Is there any way i can save this recipe?
Basically the recipe is something of
AP 0.8%
Peanutbutter 4%
Bav cream 4%
Sweet cream 1.5%
Sweetener 1.5%
Banana ripe 1.15% (it should be 0.15%) - i wanted this as an accent and really like to emphasize the peanutbutter and bav instead of banana

I was thinking of upping the peanutbutter and bavarian cream to 1-1.5% each, but then i don't know how to count it since the recipe will be basically more than 5 litter (and pg-vg ratio is also will be messy)

Any idea/solution on how to save this batch ?

Thank you in advance

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Have you tried vaping a little of the results? It may be okay... not what you intended, but still vapeable.

The short answer, to your question, is "not really." You have put 10 times the intended amount of a rather potent concentrate. That is a hard one to fix.:(

The straightforward fix (getting it to taste as originally intended), is increasing all other ingredients 10 times as well. The only downside is you will end up with 50 liters. That is going to be in excess of 13 gallons!:shock:

You can try various doctoring possibilities to see if there is a satisfactory solution to the mistake. But, I would strongly suggest doing it in only 30mL(or less) test batches, until you find what is going to work best for you. This should help prevent any further large scale failures.

Best wishes on finding a workable solution!:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I would give it time to mature. Ripe Banana does settle down after steeping.(although I have no idea how long of a steep it will take at this amount of liquid)
Is this a mix you use all the time? I am asking because I am wondering just how much of an accent Banana ripe would be using only 0.15% in this much liquid. Could be this may turn out as a happy accident because you will like it better?(fingers crossed for you). Peanut butter only gets stronger as it steeps so at this point, I would just wait and see.

Let us know how it goes.

:)

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
I would give it time to mature. Ripe Banana does settle down after steeping.(although I have no idea how long of a steep it will take at this amount of liquid)
Is this a mix you use all the time? I am asking because I am wondering just how much of an accent Banana ripe would be using only 0.15% in this much liquid. Could be this may turn out as a happy accident because you will like it better?(fingers crossed for you). Peanut butter only gets stronger as it steeps so at this point, I would just wait and see.

Let us know how it goes.

:)
Hi
Thank you for the reply.
Well the time is another gamble to me, i mean suppose waiting for 30 days with the result of something i would not like will be kind of awful i guess

The recipe is my usual 'staple', i put the banana so low since not only i'm not really huge fan of banana and i intended to put it on the very back note. Based on previous batch, anything above 0.25% of ripe banana is not really my cup of tea.

Thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
You need to improve your work flow process.
57 ml of banana is VERY different than 7.5ml of banana in a recipe.
Measure twice, mix once.

Perhaps pre-portion your ingredients to avoid errors in future.

Are you mixing this recipe for others or only yourself?
How long does 5000ml of juice take to consume?

Cheers
I

Last edited:

mamamiaw

Mar 25, 2017
Hi,
You need to improve your work flow process.
57 ml of banana is VERY different that 7.5ml of banana in a recipe.
Measure twice, mix once.

Perhaps pre-portion your ingredients to avoid errors in future.

Are you mixing this recipe for others or only yourself?
How long does 5000ml of juice take to consume?

Cheers
I
Hi thank you for the reply
yes indeed 57 to 7.5 is very different
I mixed this for me and couple friends, we usually exchange e-liquid (but mine is usually this peanutbutter with bit banana on the very back note, thus now it's different).

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread