The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Saw a top cap at a comp, can't find it.. Anyone heard of something like this?

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by auxsend, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. auxsend

auxsend Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2014
    Enola, PA
    There were a couple guys at a local comp recently. They were using a top cap on their RDA's that I've never seen before and I was curious about it.

Here's what I can recall:

From a distance it looked like the cap of dry erase marker.
    It was red plastic.
    It had holes directly on the top of the cap, no drip tip, or even a hole for a drip tip. The whole thing was basically a cap and drop tip in one. Kind of looked like the top of a salt shaker.

It seemed like it would be an aftermarket cap for an existing RDA. Either way, I've never seen it before, but thought the design was pretty genius.
    Anyone know what I'm talking about? Can they be purchased somewhere? I've googled every combination of things I can think of, and haven't been able to find anything close.

2. r_sizzle

r_sizzle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2014
    Missouri Bootheel
    Check out the chuff enough cap. I don't think it's what you described but it may get you closer or you may like just as well. If you do find it post back and let us know so I can check it out too!

3. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
  4. auxsend

May 6, 2014
    Enola, PA
    No, It's hard to describe I guess. It was a complete replacement for the top cop of an RDA, it replaced the barrel, the top, everything. The top holes were offset from the center, in a triangle pattern. I never got a good look at the side airflow.

I have a few chuff caps, it was nothing like those. It wasn't a super wide cap, it covered the whole thing, and had multiple airflow holes on the top and sides I would imagine.

It wasn't really round either. It was more of a triangular shape with soft edges. I'm still looking for it, but I have yet to find anything like it yet.

5. auxsend

May 6, 2014
    Enola, PA
    Ok, I ended up finding it. They were 3d printed custom jobbies. I imagine they can be bought, but it turns out my initial observations weren't exactly right. It is all in one, with an opening on top, but not like I thought I had seen. Although, perhaps my imagination has led me to a cool new idea...

6. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
  7. wonkeypickle

wonkeypickle Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    'murrikka
    auxsend did you by chance find a pic online? i'm intrigued by anything involving innovative top cap solutions.....lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.