SB advantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Khaos

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Corona, CA
Hello everyone. I've been using my tornado/ego for a month or two now with low resisance attys and am enjoying it, but I feel like I want a stronger vape. I'm excited to try 6v but I was wondering, is there any difference between 3.7v devices? Will the SBs 3.7 be any different from my tornadoes? I'm just trying to justify the size/ price to myself. Thanks everyone :]

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Hello everyone. I've been using my tornado/ego for a month or two now with low resisance attys and am enjoying it, but I feel like I want a stronger vape. I'm excited to try 6v but I was wondering, is there any difference between 3.7v devices? Will the SBs 3.7 be any different from my tornadoes? I'm just trying to justify the size/ price to myself. Thanks everyone :]

I have no idea about the tornado/ego. The SB WILL deliver all the battery power to the atomizer -- the resistance due to the device, the industrial grade switch, and the special alloy, low resistance spring is practically zero. For 3.7v with an 18650 the battery will last well more than a day; for some, more than 2 days.

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Even at 3.7v the SB will give better hits than the eGo. (The extra .5v makes a difference.)

At 6v it's the only thing thats allowed me to put it down for more than a second or two. :p

I justified the price after my 3rd eGo battery died and couldn't be happier.

As stated, the SB does hit much better at 3.7 than the eGo and it lasts much longer. I have both the SB and the eGo.The SB is much better, but a bunch bigger.

GB

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
Probably almost twice the size(overall) than an ego, but also 4 times the battery life at .5 volts higher. Also the possibility of 6+volts. Also, if the batteries happen to die, you can get 1 18650 for 3.7 volts for about $8, or 2 RCR123a for 6.0+volts for about $9, compared top the ego batts at 20+

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Probably almost twice the size(overall) than an ego, but also 4 times the battery life at .5 volts higher. Also the possibility of 6+volts. Also, if the batteries happen to die, you can get 1 18650 for 3.7 volts for about $8, or 2 RCR123a for 6.0+volts for about $9, compared top the ego batts at 20+

There is the BB. How does that compare size wise to a eGo? You would get the extra .5v but I can't make the comparison for battery life (been way too long since I've used my 14500s).

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Since becoming hooked on 5v, my SB is the only device I can run at 3.7 and stay happy and satisfied. The 18650 performs well and is the best batt for 3.7 vaping, IMO. You won't run into annoying power drops like you would with 16340 or 14500 etc, because it runs much much longer. I can get an SB type hit off a 14500 if it's super fresh, but doesn't last long. There are a few greater performing 18650s available too, the new SB hot spring just makes it better. I love my 5v devices to death but the SB@3.7 gets me by perfectly even with a normal resistance 510 atty. When I have an old gunked up atty that needs a strong burn out, I can throw it on a 5v device, or the SB will light it up red in no time just the same.

6v option is no doubt a plus for some. Constant heavy hitter, ergonomic feel and weight, easy to find button, hit the tile floor hard 4 times this week with no issue, those are my top SB advantages. :toast:

Last edited:

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
It's one device to fit all moods - I switch between 3.7v and 6v depending on the moon phase, and my BSB lets me do it with ease. And as far as 3.7v, the 18650 is a little powerhouse - will last for a LONG time and provides a very smooth, mellow and satisfying vape. I'm in one of my 3.7v moods now and the BSB ROCKS! Try 3.7 with some of the Altsmoke Wafflicious and it is the perfect after work, wind down vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread