Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I've had my SB for a bit over a year now, and it's serving me quite well, especially once I got the kick rockin'. Though it's had a few scuffles with the pavement, it's still in fantastic condition. Silver-vein, you see, the paint isn't all peely and stuff.

Anyhow, around the top face of the switch, it looks like the plating/paint is coming off. There's a sort of coppery color showing. So, my question is this:

Is this an actual issue? Does it mean that my switch is nearing end-of-life, or is it just a little cosmetic thing that I could do something about? Clear nail polish or something?

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I've had my SB for a bit over a year now, and it's serving me quite well, especially once I got the kick rockin'. Though it's had a few scuffles with the pavement, it's still in fantastic condition. Silver-vein, you see, the paint isn't all peely and stuff.

Anyhow, around the top face of the switch, it looks like the plating/paint is coming off. There's a sort of coppery color showing. So, my question is this:

Is this an actual issue? Does it mean that my switch is nearing end-of-life, or is it just a little cosmetic thing that I could do something about? Clear nail polish or something?

Its just the plating rubbing off. I have aggressive body chemistry and it happens to mine after a few months. It is purely cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread