• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Scan.co.uk selling an E-Cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbly

Jul 16, 2009
Hi all,
Found this forum after buying this from Scan and this is my first electronic cig so I have nothing to compare with but first impressions are it seems to work as it should (took a good few 'drags' and immediate cravings were abated somewhat). Will be able to offer a better opinion on it's effectiveness when my real cigs run out (still got 2 packs of duty free's left, may as well finish them off)

The packaging has no mention of the manufacturer but the box does have 8097 printed on it so I would guess that must be the model number?
The replacement carts I bought as well come in a pale green pack with an 'SGS' logo printed on them with a sticker saying 'Marlbo' (assume that's the flavour).

The model itself seems more or less identical to the pics I've found of other ones except that the refill carts are seperate small vials that drop into the 'filter' rather than being a whole filter unit itself. It comes with 2 batteries, a mains charger and car charger, and an assortment of 5 different strength refills (tried out the one marked 'H').

Will let you know how I get on with this once I'm on the e-cig properly.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Hi all,
Found this forum after buying this from Scan and this is my first electronic cig so I have nothing to compare with but first impressions are it seems to work as it should (took a good few 'drags' and immediate cravings were abated somewhat). Will be able to offer a better opinion on it's effectiveness when my real cigs run out (still got 2 packs of duty free's left, may as well finish them off)

The packaging has no mention of the manufacturer but the box does have 8097 printed on it so I would guess that must be the model number?
The replacement carts I bought as well come in a pale green pack with an 'SGS' logo printed on them with a sticker saying 'Marlbo' (assume that's the flavour).

The model itself seems more or less identical to the pics I've found of other ones except that the refill carts are seperate small vials that drop into the 'filter' rather than being a whole filter unit itself. It comes with 2 batteries, a mains charger and car charger, and an assortment of 5 different strength refills (tried out the one marked 'H').

Will let you know how I get on with this once I'm on the e-cig properly.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with the whole quitting smoking thing. I've got 10 boxes here so thats a 100 packs from the duty free just sitting here haven't had any temptations to smoke them so far. Been smoke free since the day I got my first PV in the mail. I've got a pack of SGS carts here too, I dont like the way they taste though, so i refill them with flue cured tobacco. Any way good luck :)

Wobbly

Jul 16, 2009
Welcome to the site, and good luck with the whole quitting smoking thing. I've got 10 boxes here so thats a 100 packs from the duty free just sitting here haven't had any temptations to smoke them so far. Been smoke free since the day I got my first PV in the mail. I've got a pack of SGS carts here too, I dont like the way they taste though, so i refill them with flue cured tobacco. Any way good luck :)

I have quit before (for about a year) using an 'inhalator' then something came up that gave the the excuse to go back on the dreaded things. Remembering that it was bloody hard work with the inhalator (patches were completely useless for me) I wanted to try something different this time and have heard good things about e-cigs so thought I'd give them a try. Unlike yourself I cant have real cigs in the house and not smoke them: When I want to quit I cant have them around at all.

Looking at other models from sites I found in the links threads I have found the model this one appears to be the closest to: DSE103. The refill carts seem like the whole filter unit ones for that model but the atomizer looks the same.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
I have quit before (for about a year) using an 'inhalator' then something came up that gave the the excuse to go back on the dreaded things. Remembering that it was bloody hard work with the inhalator (patches were completely useless for me) I wanted to try something different this time and have heard good things about e-cigs so thought I'd give them a try. Unlike yourself I cant have real cigs in the house and not smoke them: When I want to quit I cant have them around at all.

Looking at other models from sites I found in the links threads I have found the model this one appears to be the closest to: DSE103. The refill carts seem like the whole filter unit ones for that model but the atomizer looks the same.

I've quit a good few times before with the help of patches, gum, and just will power. But well in the end I always just ended up going back, and the withdrawal symptons were killing me though, and once I'd stop using the product a few weeks later I was back to smoking the real things. With these how ever I just don't get cravings anymore, because well they are a "healthier smoking alternative" and not a product designed to quit smoking. I have no experience with the DSE103, but i've got a good few other pv's and i have to save I love them all for the most part. How do you like the flavored carts that came with the DSE103??

drasim

Jun 24, 2009
Bristol, UK
Even though it's a cheaper product, and no doubt it works, it's the Scans and the Ebuyers that are getting these things to the masses and informing people that there's an alternative to tobacco, gums and patches. That's how I started up on PV's - advertising from Ebuyer and various deals sites. Though as cheap as it was I decided to keep my card in the wallet and instead do some research on it all, and after 2 days research went for a 510.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Happy Vaping, all!
Doesn't matter where you start, as long as you can work yr way towards a satisfying vape!

love-smiley-011.gif

Best,

C.

tommytrucker

Jun 9, 2009
I'm not surprised the major electronic companies are getting these things in. Most of their normal stock comes from Asia and specifically China. With the units that have been sold so far, which don't seem up to the same quality as our regular models, they're probably making very big profits on them to offset the risk.

Big big profits! They are dead cheap when buying in bulk from china, as little as 12 to 15 pounds each for full kits!

Members need to get together and use some people power and save money by buying direct from china.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread