Scratchy throat while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
For some reason, all day today I've had an issue where when I inhale, I get a scratchy feeling in my throat. This is now on three different juices (Tribeca, an RY4 blend, and JV French Toast) and two different devices and I've moved the voltage down to try and compensate but it's not really helping. When I'm not vaping I feel fine, not like I'm getting a cold or anything. Hoping this passes as it's starting to get irritating. I haven't drank much water today but I have had enough diet cola that I shouldn't be "dry." I just poured a huge glass of water to see if it will help. Anyone else get this sort of thing?

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
actually I've been getting more scratchiness, even tho I've been vaping pretty similar stuff on similar devices...I'm thinking I might need to lower nic level (12mg currently), or vape 100% VG only.
not sure what juices you are vaping, but those are a couple things that you can try....lower PG juice or lower nic level

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
actually I've been getting more scratchiness, even tho I've been vaping pretty similar stuff on similar devices...I'm thinking I might need to lower nic level (12mg currently), or vape 100% VG only.
not sure what juices you are vaping, but those are a couple things that you can try....lower PG juice or lower nic level

Thanks for the input. To counter DKP, unfortunately these are both brand new devices, one is a freshly rebuilt KFL clone and the other is a brand new carto in a tank. I was at 24 mg of nic before I moved up to better devices but am now going down to 18 mg. May have to try some 12 mg in the near future. I don't know the ratio on Tribeca or the Want2Vape RY4 but I do have some vanilla custard here that is 40% VG that I can try tomorrow to see if it helps. Drinking water, after a bit, has helped a little. Might just be as simple as being hydrated with more than diet pepsi...

jclay1192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
possibly you're VG/PG ratio,, pg gives a bigger throat hit,, if you have some DIY mats. handy i'd say throw in a few ML's of VG to dilute it (possibly some nicotine too if you're scared about diluting your nic level). Iff you don't have VG i'd:vapor: buy some from MTB it's only 8 dollars for 200+ mls.. Pure USP Grade Kosher Propylene Glycol / Vegetable Glycerin DIY - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes (PG/VG depending on the ratio you pick.. even VG/DistilledWater aka DW.) and if you're in need of Nic. 236 ml Unflavored Nicotine Juice USA made - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes thats 30 dollars.. w/o shipping and tax. i'm sure there's elsewhere that sells smaller bottles since 236 ML of Nic is a lot.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Since this is only been happening today, I wouldn't over think it. Maybe you are getting a cold and don't know it yet. Maybe you didn't hydrate enough today. Maybe a whole bunch of other things.

I appreciate the reassurance. I tend to overthink things frequently so you're probably exactly right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread