Screen meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Plug the specs of your mod into the battery tab of Steam-engine.org. .. ypu can see the difference between the amps drawn from the battery vs amps supplied to or drawn by the coil. Remember in a regulated mod the PCB draws from the battery and the coil draws from the board.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Typically the current measurement on a mod would be what’s supplied to the coils. The current draw on the batteries would be a tad higher since the power converter will dissipate a small amount of power. For instance my VBoy is said to be 95% efficient, so the current draw on the batteries would be 5% higher.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
It has some fancy chip with a bopst mode. I use it on 85 watts boost. I have 30 amp batteries but that wud be an overkill.
Depending on the boost level you are setting your DNA chip to, it may not be overkill. But it is better to have batteries that supply more amps than you need rather than just enough. Your batteries will not be run as hard because of this, and can extend the overall lifespan of the batteries, making it so you don't have to buy new batteries as often.

Regulated devices only show the output amps on the screen, you will want to follow the link @sonicbomb supplied to figure out your amp draw from the batteries.

You know you have a good mod, you know you have good batteries on their way (that will supply all the power you need), so just relax and enjoy your vape. Your all set.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Typically the current measurement on a mod would be what’s supplied to the coils. The current draw on the batteries would be a tad higher since the power converter will dissipate a small amount of power. For instance my VBoy is said to be 95% efficient, so the current draw on the batteries would be 5% higher.
Since its a regulated mod I shud just use the lg 20 amp 3000mah vs sammsung 30 amp 2000mah?

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
With the 85w you are running, and since it is a dual battery mod, either should get the job done just fine.
I wonder how much the boost mode really boosts it. Im at 90 boost now but its a quick firing smooth hit. When I put it on 100 watts regular I get a burnt taste like its burning tbe cotton. The boost mode seems smoother. Do u know why?

• Optimistic

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I wonder how much the boost mode really boosts it. Im at 90 boost now but its a quick firing smooth hit. When I put it on 100 watts regular I get a burnt taste like its burning tbe cotton. The boost mode seems smoother. Do u know why?
When ran at 100w, it will put out 100w constantly the entire time the fire button is pushed. That is likely overheating the coil.

When on boost it increases the wattage for a short amount of time, just to heat up the coil faster, and drop it back down to the wattage you set the device to for the rest of the time your fire button is pressed. This is keeping the coil hot, but not so hot it burns your wicks.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
When ran at 100w, it will put out 100w constantly the entire time the fire button is pushed. That is likely overheating the coil.

When on boost it increases the wattage for a short amount of time, just to heat up the coil faster, and drop it back down to the wattage you set the device to for the rest of the time your fire button is pressed. This is keeping the coil hot, but not so hot it burns your wicks.
So boost is a really good feature?

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You need to go to the links you've been provided in every one of your threads with the same basic questions and actually read the info that folks already supplied, repeatedly.

The links to evolve which is the manufacturer of the 'chip' used inside your new device will answer every single question you can think of.
Read, study, learn how your new device functions
and all of its features, modes, tweaks & customization possibilities including the escribe software.
Or set the watts to whatever you like, press button enjoy vape.

It is better to use cells that have a higher CDR than you actually need.
This way they are not pushed or stressed.

You've asked the same questions over & over in several threads, no matter how many times you ask or if you rephrase the same questions, the answers will be the same.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
So boost is a really good feature?
Yeah, especially if you use coils that are high mass (have a lot of metal in them) and ramp up slowly like large claptons. If you use simple round wire builds it really isn't needed to the most part since they heat up quicker than exotic coils.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No "high amp" battery is overkill. It just isn't. I've used Sony Vc5s before and I'm a very low wattage vaper.

I bet that battery performs as well as or better a much lower amp battery with longer runtime.

Besides which, are you entering some type of competition similar to the one where people drive crazy in order to see how much mileage they can get out of their vehicles?

I forget what the competition is called, but with the right driving technique, they can get oh, HUNDREDS of miles more out of a tank of gas. It just takes a really long time to do it, and incredible concentration.

Srsly, if you get 20 minutes less vaping time or whatever, so what? If your batteries last for the time needed to get you through the day then WHO CARES besides you? Absolutely NO ONE.

It's not a competition to get every single watt you can possibly squeeze out of a battery. Because, if that's what you want you can probably SQUEEZE every last watt out of your battery but you'd need to start doing stuff like, vaping without boost, turning off your mod anytime you aren't using it, getting rid of certain functions of your board etc.

Like that driving thing, I don't want it to take me a half day to get to work but I've saved 2 dollars in gas, etc. My time has value (well it should soon) and you are really getting freaky about this.

Know when it's good enough. Okay?

Anna

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
No "high amp" battery is overkill. It just isn't. I've used Sony Vc5s before and I'm a very low wattage vaper.

I bet that battery performs as well as or better a much lower amp battery with longer runtime.

Besides which, are you entering some type of competition similar to the one where people drive crazy in order to see how much mileage they can get out of their vehicles?

I forget what the competition is called, but with the right driving technique, they can get oh, HUNDREDS of miles more out of a tank of gas. It just takes a really long time to do it, and incredible concentration.

Srsly, if you get 20 minutes less vaping time or whatever, so what? If your batteries last for the time needed to get you through the day then WHO CARES besides you? Absolutely NO ONE.

It's not a competition to get every single watt you can possibly squeeze out of a battery. Because, if that's what you want you can probably SQUEEZE every last watt out of your battery but you'd need to start doing stuff like, vaping without boost, turning off your mod anytime you aren't using it, getting rid of certain functions of your board etc.

Like that driving thing, I don't want it to take me a half day to get to work but I've saved 2 dollars in gas, etc. My time has value (well it should soon) and you are really getting freaky about this.

Know when it's good enough. Okay?

Anna

There is a fundamental general trade off between battery current capacity and energy capacity. A higher mAH battery will be more fragile to higher current use whereas a lower mAH battery will be much more robust at higher current. A low capacity cell will have less plate surface area and be thicker and better to carry more current. A high mAH cell will have more surface area at a cost of thinner plates that don’t handle high current as well. As long as you don’t overdrive them they will last and you get a longer running time. I have some very old low capacity VTC4 cells from my old mech mod that are still kicking and I put to use. They still test as good after about I think 7 years of running mostly 30 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread