Screw drip tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbeefy0

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Clarksville, TN, USA
Guise. I was just sitting here and I had an epiphany. I was grabbing my protank 2 out my pocket and the stupid drip tip came off. Then I realized that if some company made a tank that had a drip tip that screwed in, I wouldn't be losing all my drip tips!

Imagine a world where all tanks and tips are exchamgable. No longer will you have to worry that the tip is lost in your pockets. It will be securely screwed in! GAWD I WANT THIS!

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
I can imagine one not selling. If you made a tank with a different standard than the 510 or ce4 style who would buy it? I would not. I don't mind if it is a fixed drip tip but it is nice to have one that is interchangeable. I know there are some drip tiips that cost $30-$40 each I would want tanks that fit the standard that has already been set.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Guise. I was just sitting here and I had an epiphany. I was grabbing my protank 2 out my pocket and the stupid drip tip came off. Then I realized that if some company made a tank that had a drip tip that screwed in, I wouldn't be losing all my drip tips!

Imagine a world where all tanks and tips are exchamgable. No longer will you have to worry that the tip is lost in your pockets. It will be securely screwed in! GAWD I WANT THIS!

Well, if that's all you want, just switch over to the CE4 or the iClear 30S ... they both have screw in drip tips ... part of what I DON'T like about them!

mrbeefy0

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Clarksville, TN, USA
devauto:11501270 said:

Well, if that's all you want, just switch over to the CE4 or the iClear 30S ... they both have screw in drip tips ... part of what I DON'T like about them!

Hmm. I haven't vaped out of a top coil yet. I might have to give this s shot. I just like the look of BCC's because the wicks look weird to me.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,

Innokin iClear 30S, fills from the top, drip tip screws on and also swivels.

Ooops, someone already suggested that.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town

Get some of these as backups, no reason to take the drip tips off
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1437008
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1456403

riseabovethestorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Grayling, MI, USA
www.kalkaskamma.com
I dunno, it strikes me that it'd be a limited market.

The coolest thing about vaping is the personalization that you have with your gear, and it would actually cost more to make a drip trip with threading because you'd have to buy a machine to cut the threading, hire someone to run it, pay for maintenance, etc.

Most drip tips are either extruded or stamped, or so I'd assume. There'd be a lot more work to go into making a screw-fit drip tip, and it seems like some manufacturers cut their connection threads screwy, so there'd be more work in making it as universal as possible.

Personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread