• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Scripture Postings - As the Spirit moves you

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    In the translation from Hebrew into other language's the meaning is never understood fully.

Transliteration of Hebrew יהוה Causative form (Hiphil) of the verb "havah" (הוה) "to be / to become". "He causes to be" or "He comes to be" Transliteration of Hebrew יהוה Causative form (Hiphil) of the verb "havah" (הוה) "to be / to become". "He causes to be" or "He comes to be".
    He who causes everything to be.

We would say in English the Creator of everything and more frequently we just say the Creator.

Edited in

If you lookup LORD in http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lord or any other dictionary I believe,
    It never gives credit as the ONE WHO CREATED IT ALL "He who cause everything to be" but one who is master and God is much more then just my Master, He is the one who causes everything to be for me.

Though knowing the Names of God in the Old Testament and how many ways God was called is a good thing, we should keep in mind Hebrew was very descriptive and it gives a good understanding who God is. IMO: Knowing God is the I AM this means I can call Him Yahweh of my health, Yahweh who provides, Yahweh who fights my battles what I'm attempting to say God is Yahweh not only found in the Old Testament but for what ever we need Him for or we want and we can call on Him as YAHWEH, GOD for everything that is in Yahweh will. We are not confined to only the names in the Old Testament. He is YAHWEH who gives gifts to those who call on Him.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Matthew 5
    38 "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'
    39 "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
    40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.…

We live in hard times it's easy to become defensive when we see that were being taken advantage with words or deeds. It's not easy to let the flesh go but we must resist and Jesus told us how to overcome - do not resist an evil person. To me this means do not add to any conflict be silent and move away from any conflicts - There's a saying it takes two to have a fight/argument.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Study on the words, MIDST and PARADISE. Did something a lttle different, I worked backwards.

MIDST = MIDDLE = CREATOR

Revelation Chapter 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Luke Chapter 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Genesis Chapter 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

rc3po

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Matthew 5
    38 "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'
    39 "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
    40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.…

We live in hard times it's easy to become defensive when we see that were being taken advantage with words or deeds. It's not easy to let the flesh go but we must resist and Jesus told us how to overcome - do not resist an evil person. To me this means do not add to any conflict be silent and move away from any conflicts - There's a saying it takes two to have a fight/argument.

God also says that there is a time for peace, and a time for war.

Most people don't really understand the verse about turning the other cheek. Back then, being smited on the cheek was an insult, not someone actually trying to do us harm, like what we call a b^#t*h slap.
    Our Lord is merely saying to let them insult you and don't escalate the situation. But that does not mean that we have to cower and let someone try to hurt us or worse. We have every right to defend ourselves, our family and friends, and those incapable of defending themselves when someone is trying to do us harm.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't

Most people don't really understand the verse about turning the other cheek. Back then, being smited on the cheek was an insult, not someone actually trying to do us harm, like what we call a b^#t*h slap.
    Our Lord is merely saying to let them insult you and don't escalate the situation. But that does not mean that we have to cower and let someone try to hurt us or worse. We have every right to defend ourselves, our family and friends, and those incapable of defending themselves when someone is trying to do us harm.

This what is recorded as Jesus said in Matthew 5

39 "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.…

After saying this Jesus gave many example when being accused by the Jewish leaders of the day and Polite even on the cross, Jesus could have at any time resisted and Jesus had the right to defend Himself and didn't. Scripture instructs me that Jesus lives through me. I prefer to let God do the work and I rest, because I've seen what happens when I try to do the work God rests.

I live in the world but I'm not of the world.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi

There is a major difference between turning the other cheek and abuse/defense. Of course we defend ourselves, our family, our friends, and those incapable of defending themselves. I am a 2nd Amendment person. It is better to not verbally retaliate and hold your tongue, than a situation going nuclear. Most people aren't that well trained, especially if it comes out of nowhere. I had an attack from my sister through a letter to my folks, whom I was living with at the time. I was so crushed and livid and wanted to just hit her once.....just once! The Lord told me, "No retribution." He had to tell me more than once. I just couldn't get around her for a few months, so I didn't. It would have gone nuclear. I did forgive her, but it was a work in progress for a few months. It was very difficult....and that was just from a letter.

rc3po

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    This what is recorded as Jesus said in Matthew 5

39 "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.…

After saying this Jesus gave many example when being accused by the Jewish leaders of the day and Polite even on the cross, Jesus could have at any time resisted and Jesus had the right to defend Himself and didn't. Scripture instructs me that Jesus lives through me. I prefer to let God do the work and I rest, because I've seen what happens when I try to do the work God rests.

I live in the world but I'm not of the world.

You are overlooking the fact that our Lord Jesus had to be perfect to purchase us with His Blood. I am not perfect. I do try to follow Christ the best I can and believe me, I have turned the other cheek many times in my life. Christ also told His disciples right before His Crucifixion that if they did not have a sword, to sell their cloaks and buy one. But they did not need a sword while Christ was with them.
    I know sometimes Scripture can get confusing, but keep on studying and praying and all will be well.

rc3po

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    There is a major difference between turning the other cheek and abuse/defense. Of course we defend ourselves, our family, our friends, and those incapable of defending themselves. I am a 2nd Amendment person. It is better to not verbally retaliate and hold your tongue, than a situation going nuclear. Most people aren't that well trained, especially if it comes out of nowhere. I had an attack from my sister through a letter to my folks, whom I was living with at the time. I was so crushed and livid and wanted to just hit her once.....just once! The Lord told me, "No retribution." He had to tell me more than once. I just couldn't get around her for a few months, so I didn't. It would have gone nuclear. I did forgive her, but it was a work in progress for a few months. It was very difficult....and that was just from a letter.

I am a 2nd Amendment supporter also and a CHL holder, and life member of GOA.
    Lol!! I understand what you mean! Yes, it is hard sometimes - and sometimes I fail miserably. But it is easier now that I'm older and wiser. I also of course ask our Lord Jesus to help me calm down.

rc3po

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Praying in Victory

The purpose of this e-book is to help people pray the Word of God which is the Bible.
    Hebrews 4:12 says that God's Word is alive and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword.

And God's Word is true! I have personally witnessed God's Power several times and know for a fact God keeps His promises!:)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    You are overlooking the fact that our Lord Jesus had to be perfect to purchase us with His Blood. I am not perfect. I do try to follow Christ the best I can and believe me, I have turned the other cheek many times in my life. Christ also told His disciples right before His Crucifixion that if they did not have a sword, to sell their cloaks and buy one. But they did not need a sword while Christ was with them.
    I know sometimes Scripture can get confusing, but keep on studying and praying and all will be well.

We can never be Jesus but we can be Jesus like and the way to do that is to allow Jesus to live through us and our actions will be proof of who is in us.

I've never have thought Scripture as being confusing though it brought me to different levels of understanding God knows what I need and He hasn't failed me once. I agree we should always meditate on God's words and pray to God for understanding.

rc3po

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    We can never be Jesus but we can be Jesus like and the way to do that is to allow Jesus to live through us and our actions will be proof of who is in us.

I've never have thought Scripture as being confusing though it brought me to different levels of understanding God knows what I need and He hasn't failed me once. I agree we should always meditate on God's words and pray to God for understanding.

Some things are harder for some to understand than for others. Sometimes one may receive a revelation about something and can increase the understanding of others. The most difficult thing about explaining Scripture here is that They are so deep that we just can't adequately do Them justice in our comments and texts. There is just so much that should be said, and we can't spend 24 hours a day typing.

wshanncap

Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Last night, I came across this Scripture which seemed to go along with yours. I had already signed off for the night, but asked the Lord to help me remember it.

Colossians 3:13King James Version (KJV)
    13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Yep, He helped me to remember it!:)

Don't forget the following verse...one I use often; Colossians 3:14 "Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity" (NASB).

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Great thread.

WELCOME, Java, to our small part of this great website. I don't think I could have put down the cigarettes without the awesome support of this board. We welcome all that wish to Praise God with us. Please read 4th Sticky down. That's our criteria since this is a separate private section. As long as new posters as well as the older posters adhere to the rules, everyone is happy! We are glad to have you and I encourage you to jump in and have some fun and fellowship in love. :wub: Again, welcome! :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    LOVE

John 13:34 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

1 John 4:20 - If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Romans 12:10 - [Be] kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

John 13:34-35 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (Read More...)

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

1 John 4:11 - Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

1 John 4:7-10 - Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. (Read More...)

1 Peter 4:8 - And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 3:18 - My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Galatians 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Deuteronomy 6:5 - And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

1 John 3:17 - But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Romans 13:8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Matthew 7:12 - Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

1 John 5:1 - Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 4:1-21 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (Read More...)

1 John 3:16 - Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread