• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Scubagen V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
Dama...not sure wats the moq

if you're going to garlin, try your luck at the signcraft shop across the road, same blk as mcd and ban heng rest (not sure if its still there)...or nanyang signcraft near the junction of serangoon rd/lavendar rd

Saw Dama but on the page put moq as 3m..lolx

Ya, probably heading to Garlin this Sat morning if they can get the o-rings ready..Ordered 20 of them..will be around the area searching for those nuts and washer also..The other headache is those compression springs..

rocky111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Over The Rainbow
Check RC hobby shops for springs!

Saw Dama but on the page put moq as 3m..lolx

Ya, probably heading to Garlin this Sat morning if they can get the o-rings ready..Ordered 20 of them..will be around the area searching for those nuts and washer also..The other headache is those compression springs..

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
6Ow60.jpg

With 510 connection on, 22awg wires, red silicone o-ring and 1/8 bic pen insulator in..

Currently waiting for Polycarbonate tubes, nails, kanthal wires, super fine ss mesh..

yummy1984

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Thailand
I have them and have purchased them locally...

But, it is true, a lot of parts are not available here...parts can order oversea but machining service for hobbist here is non existent..hence I purchased my own bench lathe and mill.

SG is too DIY unfriendly and if things are available they usually costs more.

Searching high and low for sodium hydroxide and ferric chloride end up import granules from overseas.

Last edited:

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
I have them and have purchased them locally...

But, it is true, a lot of parts are not available here...parts can order oversea but machining service for hobbist here is non existent..hence I purchased my own bench lathe and mill.

I'm looking for CNC Lathe/mill. You got the manual ones or CNC? Can't really find reasonably priced bench tools in SG. Thinking of shipping them from ah tiong land. Got lobang share share abit leh.

Recently saw sgtooling.com is offering 3D printers and I'm damn tempted to get it. But then I remembered I dunnoe how to do 3D modeling. Reality check is a bit.ch sometimes.

yummy1984

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Thailand
Don't bother with the one from Tiong Land, that was the first I purchased before I get my sherline. If you think the runoff on a Sherline is bad, the Tiong's version will be so off that you cannot use it without any serious work done on it first.

Benchtop CNC has its limitation hence I went manual. Benchtop CNC is VERY unlike "real" commercial machinery. I got my lathe and mill from Sgtooling. There are shops in AMK industrial estate (near CTE, near the Gain City there) that sell the tiongz version. Anyway, to convert your benchtop manual lathe to CNC don't cost a lot so practically is future proof.

The lathe and mill might be cheap (in a way) but the toolings is the one that eventually will cost you a lot of money.

You can

I'm looking for CNC Lathe/mill. You got the manual ones or CNC? Can't really find reasonably priced bench tools in SG. Thinking of shipping them from ah tiong land. Got lobang share share abit leh.

Recently saw sgtooling.com is offering 3D printers and I'm damn tempted to get it. But then I remembered I dunnoe how to do 3D modeling. Reality check is a bit.ch sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread