Second Hand Vaping??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent93

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
California
Is there such thing??

I share the same room with my brother. he is not a smoker or vaper.

I vaped the heck out of it in my room with my brother next to me all the time...

My brother started to cough a lot recently.... I said did you catch a cold? He said no, I'm fine....

But this is not a regular cough.... it's like a serious loud deep cough..... what the heck is going on....

This has been happening since I started vaping again....

I don't want to hurt my brother.... I love him!

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Yes, I'd say treat it with the same respect as you would an analog, if you know someone dosen't like it or is having ill effects then I'd move to a different room or even outside. I can tell you from first hand experiences that allergic reactions even minor ones are not happy to suffer through. And given its your brother def. time to give him some breathing room per say.
I hope your brother feels better.

Irishgal55

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
New Jersey
I have vaped around many people who do not vape and have never had anyone react to it. I do know that there are lots of colds/flu's going around right now that could be causing this cough....it could just be that the timing is a coincidence. I myself have caught something, and have been coughing and sneezing like crazy the last few days. I know it's not because of vaping...it's simply a chest/head cold. But, like others have said, if you are that concerned that it might be your vaping , just don't do it in your room.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
As said above by several posters: could be an URI, could be PG allergy, or it could just be the cough that a lot of us vapers have had for the first few weeks of vaping, hit me bad, thought I might have the PG allergy but in the end I surmised it was just the PG and/or VG getting into my lungs for the first time and not used to it.

I agree with the above, just don't vape in a closed room with him, at least until his (probable) URI clears up then try it again (with his blessing of course) and see how it affects him. My guess is it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread