Seeking a new tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Hey there,
I've been using the kanger subtank mini for ages. It's time to move on to something better now I believe. I'm looking for an atomizer that can do both MTL and DTL ( just like the sub).
I also want to be able to build my own coils if I decide to, and have equally good flavor/clouds.
So in summary, something like the kanger subtank, but at the same time stepping my game up. If you have anything to recommend, please consider taking the time to respond, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! :thumbs:

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
i have to agree with @Letitia, i have tried several tanks that have claimed to be good for mtl and dl, very disappointing on both. the geometry and size of the airflow are very different for each style. if you are looking for a restricted dl, then most airier mtl tanks may suit you. but i would go with 2 seperate tanks, something like the berserker/siren v2/ares for mtl, and then a serpent smm/aromamizer supreme v2/obs engine nano (or full sized engine for dual coil) for your direct lung. keep the stm around for a backup since you can still get coils for it.

i mentioned these particular tanks for their ease of building and wicking along with good flavor and vapor production, i see no reason to point you towards something thats a pain to build on or makes you want to embed it in the wall in frustration wicking it.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
i have to agree with @Letitia, i have tried several tanks that have claimed to be good for mtl and dl, very disappointing on both. the geometry and size of the airflow are very different for each style. if you are looking for a restricted dl, then most airier mtl tanks may suit you. but i would go with 2 seperate tanks, something like the berserker/siren v2/ares for mtl, and then a serpent smm/aromamizer supreme v2/obs engine nano (or full sized engine for dual coil) for your direct lung. keep the stm around for a backup since you can still get coils for it.

i mentioned these particular tanks for their ease of building and wicking along with good flavor and vapor production, i see no reason to point you towards something thats a pain to build on or makes you want to embed it in the wall in frustration wicking it.
Thank you!

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Good rba heads for tanks that do both mtl & dtl are scarce. Believe you would be better served getting a dedicated rta and a separate tank for drop in coils. Frankly for a versatile tank the STM is still one of the best ones available.
Will consider this option, thanks for your time :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say your best bet for versatility would likely be a Crown Uwell tank. It does get good reviews for flavor, and there are a wide range of coil resistances, but I don't think it comes with an RTA deck (I may be wrong).

With that said, I agree with everyone else. When it comes to RTAs, if you want to try both styles, you should buy a dedicated RTA for each. Airflow, chimney, even drip tip but overall build of tanks that are sub0hm are very different in comparison to RTAs for MTL. I don't sub0hm, but an engine RTDA might be a good choice, they're an easy build and get great reviews from almost everyone, and they don't leak. As far as a MTL RTA, I'd suggest the Siren V2 (airiest draw) tha ares (kind of in the middle, but great flavor) or a berserker (very, very restricted airflow, it may actually be too restrictive for your current style. They're all well-regarded MTL RTAs that won't break the bank. You could try a Kayfun Prime, it has been getting good reviews, but you may be best served by trying a clone (can get from Fasttech quite easily, although you will have a wait until Chinese New Year is over) to see how you like the vape, before dropping huge wads of cash on an original.. The originals are likely better, but you will get a sense of the vape and be able to try it with somewhat less of an investment.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: madstabber

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll give my :thumb: for the ORIGINAL Uwell Crown clearomizer tank for factory-made drop in coils. The ratcheted air control ring is widely adjustable for a tight mouth-to-lung draw up to a loose direct-lung draw. It is an easy top fill with a 4 ml capacity. Wide range of drop in coils (0.15, 0.25, 0.5, 1.2 ohm). It also has an add on RTA base that can be purchased separately but I don't recommend it.

I currently use three of these tanks. No issues at all. Coils last me at least 4 weeks. I never bothered to "upgrade" to the Crown 2, 3, or Valarian tanks because my mindset is, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?" I've also seen mixed reviews of those three tanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread