Seeking info on MadVapes 510 Auto Swtich

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadcoke5

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I corresponded with madvapes, seeking detailed specs about the 510 Auto Switch they sell. But, they said they don't have the technical information from the source, and recommended that I ask here. Mostly I was seeking specs on the voltage, and the resistance the output can handle. I am also puzzled about some aspects of it, as seen in this picture.

Madvapes 510 Auto Switch-view1.jpg Madvapes 510 Auto Switch-view2.jpg
The 2nd picture is a close up of the end opposite the atomizer connector. It seems to have some circuitry on it. I have read elsewhere that the red wire goes to the + of the battery, and the black to the - on the battery. The, the white wire goes to a LED. But, they don't mention this disk with the electronics on it. Does this disk have the LED on it, and perhaps a resistor for the LED?

Also, my goal is not just to wire this assembly up itself, but since the power output is unknown, I would like to perhaps wire this up to just drive a MOFSET to provide greater power output than what this probably was originally designed to do. Has anyone done that before? My own electronics training is way to old for me to want to attempt to design the circuit from scratch.

-Joe

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Is this a vacuum switch? I seen it the other day and wondered about it. I think it would work fine ran thru a mosfet but the tech is kinda outdated since we do not use atty's that get air from the 510. Although if you were using a carto tank I suppose it would be ok.

Am I wrong about that or what it is?

cadcoke5

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Is this a vacuum switch? I seen it the other day and wondered about it. I think it would work fine ran thru a mosfet but the tech is kinda outdated since we do not use atty's that get air from the 510. Although if you were using a carto tank I suppose it would be ok.

The atomizer system has to allow air flow through the connector for the system to work. Though, most that I have tried permit this.

When you said, " I think it would work fine ran thru a mosfet", do you know the details about what kind of components to use, and wiring them up?

-Joe

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I would have to check it with a ohm meter but from what I can see, is when you apply vacuum to the switch it will close which would be your off(on) momentary switch. I would wire it in according to the many diagrams on the forum here depending upon if you want parallel or series. They call for a 15k resistor if I remember right, as far as the led I have never used one but a quick search will find you an answer on that.

Its a momentary switch, I cant see why you would treat it any differently. Now the pcb probably has the led on it AND it more than likely has a 2 cent chip on board that would limit your ohm load. I would remove it, but you will have to figure that out.

Hope that helps

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
This is exactly the guts from an auto batt. The bottom board is for an led with a resistor. The negative wire is stripped in the middle for contact on the case of the battery.

The switch itself is a microphone, when it hears the rushing air, it activates. Or also if it hears loud music or you ride in a convertible. You would have to find the rating of the mic element to see if it is worth upgrading. As it is, with the size of the batteries and the thin gauge wiring, this is not designed for very much amperage.

What I'm not sure is if this tech even made it into an auto ego batt. Then you would at least have some regulation in the head and the batteries inside were rated at 8A.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
This is exactly the guts from an auto batt. The bottom board is for an led with a resistor. The negative wire is stripped in the middle for contact on the case of the battery.

The switch itself is a microphone, when it hears the rushing air, it activates. Or also if it hears loud music or you ride in a convertible. You would have to find the rating of the mic element to see if it is worth upgrading. As it is, with the size of the batteries and the thin gauge wiring, this is not designed for very much amperage.

What I'm not sure is if this tech even made it into an auto ego batt. Then you would at least have some regulation in the head and the batteries inside were rated at 8A.

:) You would think they would have all the info for this. Or at least tested it and post the information.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
They probably got the info, but it looked like this:

交換機本身是一個麥克風,當它聽到了嘩嘩的空氣,它激活。或者還是否聽到嘈雜的音樂,或者你乘坐的敞篷車。你必須找到麥克風元件的評級,看它是否是值得升級。因為它是,與電池的尺寸和薄規格的接線,這是不適合非常安培數。

什麼我不知道的是,如果這種技術甚至把它做成一個自動的自我棉絮。那麼你至少會在頭部的一些法規和內部評定為8A的電池。

However, the ego version does indeed exist:

445271447_680.jpg

Bad news is these die quickly if juice gets inside the switch.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
The text is translatable. The pic is just from google images, there are a bunch available this one happened to have clear labeling.

I was surprised to learn the 13xxx batts in egos can do 8A. The circuitry in the heads limit this so they relly never see this kind of drain, and the auto switch doesn't either. The manual version jsut has a crappy tact switch and the board handles the 'heavy' lifting.

It would be really unfair to assume the auto switch in question could handle more Amperage than a dinky cig-alike. If used together with a MOSFET or regulator of some kind then it would fare better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread