Seems to good to be true....(Lightning Vapes Kanthal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I have started rebuilding my own coils for my Protanks and Davides as well as my rm2 rba's. I was looking for Kanthal and found Amazon had quite a selection. On Amazon, I noticed they sold from Lightning Vapes so I went directly to the Lightning Vapes site. Holy Cow! The prices were 50% of what Amazon wanted. I ordered 100' of each A1 AWG 28, 30 and 32 ga. Kanthal. 300' for only $18.00. I have read great reviews on Amazon but I have to ask if anyone here has actually bought directly from Lightning Vapes. Is it good quality? Again, it seems to good to be true but I purchased anyway. Fingers crossed that I don't get screwed.

300' for $18.00.......Awesome! This should last me a couple of years......assuming it's good.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
I've always ordered from temco, but yeah - that's a good price. Temco's a bit cheaper, I'm seeing 100' from lightning vapes listed at 18$ on amazon, and 100' for 9$ at temco: Kanthal Wire 33 Gauge RW0086 - 100 FT 0.19oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG

EDIT: bah, misread, and I checked the amazon prices versus the actual website prices. If you're getting 300' for 18$, you're doing better than temco.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Great find Cliven. Bookmarked this site for future purchases:

Products - Lightning Vapes

They also have great prices on SS Mesh and silica wick, elkwood and non resistance wire too. And that's all they sell. So if you are into rba's this is a great source for material. I'm currently using 30 awg Kanthal and like it. Most build I've done are between 1.5-1.8 ohms. but I am doing a hybrid build using SS mesh around silica and loving it. Will probably only order this in the 25' selection, but still a great price at that quantity.

Last edited:

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Just another vouch for LV, it's all I use for my Kanthal and silica, pretty sure they have Ekowool and SS but I haven't splurged on the Eko yet, that's for when I run out of silica. Definitely good quality, same stuff you'd get from Temco at better prices (last time I looked anyhow).

I'm still running a 30ga coil with their 2mm silica on an RDA and it's been..oh..well over two weeks of heavy, heavy usage on a variety of devices. No popping, no burnt taste, no ohm errors, read as a 3ohm coil when I wrapped it, just checked again and it's still a 3ohm coil after being used and abused for quite a while, longer than my PT heads last for sure.

ETA: Yes, it's three ohms, but I run at high voltages, 4.8v+, so it's getting the same amount of juice a much lower ohm coil would get on an Ego or similar. Therefore I feel comfortable saying it's good material to use.

Last edited:

hillegaart

Oct 10, 2013
USA
I order all of my wire needs from Lightning Vapes. Great quality and awesome customer service. One of my orders was lost by the post office, so I contacted Lightning Vapes via email and was replied to very promptly. I stated my situation and the reply I received was the typical response of if my shipping information was correct. I stated it was and that the post office lost it. I was asked if I had spoke to the post office with which I had and was told if I didn't hear back from the post office within 24 hours to contact Lightning Vapes at which I did. No further questions were asked and they sent out a replacement with expedited shipping and was received 3 days later. Lightning Vapes in my opinion is grade AAA all the way. Needless to say they have a lifetime customer with me. If you still have any doubts, put your needs in their hands and you will be taking care of. Oh yeah, most items are shipped with free shipping and no tax.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I like lightning vapes myself. One time I ordered some ekowool and silica from him. Somehow, it was redirected at the post office and went to Honolulu. I messaged him on eBay and he just sent out a new order.

As of now, I have a ton of wicking stuff, but he has made a very satisfied customer out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread