The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sega Anyvape RBA V2

Discussion in 'Sub-Ohm' started by DJ Colonel Corn, Jun 1, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DJ Colonel Corn

DJ Colonel Corn The Vapor Ninja Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey vapers.
    I picked up a GREAT little unit that transformed my Atlantis V1 and V2 into RBA atomizers !

It's the Sega Anyvape V2 Coil. It's got to be the smallest deck in existence, ha ha.
    However even I can handle rebuilding it, so I'm fairly sure you can too.

It fits any atomizer that takes Atlantis or Atlantis-Style coils. Fits right in, and works so well.
    The whole reason I wasn't using my Atlantis V1 and V2 was because they weren't RBA, and now, well, better taste ,better action, and cheaper !

Here's some pics of it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway, it's a wonderful item, go get one ! I highly recommend it.
    Available on Kidneypuncher or ebay. Enjoy !

2. Ou2mame

Ou2mame Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2015
    Long island
    How does it perform? Any downsides? I'm in the market for a new rta and was considering getting an Atlantis 2 and one of these or a segatank itself. I might just get a delta 2 though

3. DJ Colonel Corn

Well, in this thread, I'm talking about the coil itself.
    It has no issues that I can see so far. It works in any atomizer that takes Atlantis-style coils.
    I'm currently using this in both my Atlantis V-1 and V-2 with excellent results
    (Also Dovpo Esmog, even though the base turned out to be faulty).
    I'm used to the small deck on this now, and actually find it easier to get a tasty vape my Atlantis gear than my Subtank gear. However I love them both.
    Vape on !

4. sdmf74

sdmf74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    I ordered one and the PEEK insulator is broken on one side and looks kinda janky, is this normal or did I recieve a broken one?

5. DJ Colonel Corn

@sdmf74 , if you ordered it from a reputable dealer like Kidney Puncher, I'm sure you can get a replacement free. Include pics if possible.
    Otherwise, not sure what to recommend. Yes you received a broken one. Normally the insulator is in one piece and looks fine.
    All the best.

6. sdmf74

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    It is still in one piece, it just looks broke on one end, havent tested it yet though.

DSC013770.jpg DSC013770.jpg

7. DJ Colonel Corn

@sdmf74 , OK, yours looks basically like mine. Except. The printing on the chimney case. Mine are printed with the European symbol vertical, and on the other side it says 'ANYVAPE'. Do yours say this ? Also, I'm curious already but also because of your different markings, where you got yours ?
    Here's a pic of mine to compare. Not as nice of a pic, I have a crappier camera.

[​IMG]

This one fires just fine.
    I couldn't get a pic of the printing on the chimney.
    Here's a more clear, but smaller picture:

[​IMG]

Vape On !

8. sdmf74

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    Yeah I like my Sony DSC-WX350 for a point and shoot it does really well but I want to get a DSLR camera eventually. My markings read "ANYVAPE Segatank RDA .5ohm"
    I figured it would probably still work but not sure how long the insulator will last being split like that. I assume they are all similar to that then. I got mine off Ebay.
    I didnt realize how small the build deck is on these, I figured it would be much bigger. I can wrap 4mm coils on my Lemo 2 but it looks like the biggest coil this will allow is 2.5 or 3mm.

9. DJ Colonel Corn

@sdmf74 , yes they ARE small decks !!! As I warned in my review. I use 2.4mm diameter coils on mine. 4 wraps on 26 gauge wire makes it 0.5ohms.

Good luck ! Mine came pre-coiled... looks like yours didn't, or you removed it. It's not so bad once you get the hang of it. I actually prefer building on this over my subtank plus, which is another tiny deck, but larger than this !

Remember to fully pack those juice holes with cotton, or it may leak.
    Hope you enjoy your Sega Anyvape V-2 as much as I do.
    All the best !

10. sdmf74

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    Thanx, yeah I removed it, I build primarily with nickel. I think it may even be smaller than my subtank mini but I shouldnt have an issue building with 27awg tempered nickel as long as I can get enough cotton tucked in there. thanks for the tip!

11. eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    I got mine a few days ago to run in my Silo Beast by Beyond Vape. A little leaking was to be expected as I figured out optimal wicking technique, but it's far more than I think it should be. I can't tell if it's a bad seal with the o-ring (which I swapped out with one of the included Silo heads since it seemed just a little thicker), or if it's caused by the tiny juice channels located underneath the wick hole openings. Next time I take it apart, I'll try stuffing a tiny bit of cotton in each channel to see if that prevents it but I have a feeling it's something else.

Everything fits snugly but if I tilt the tank beyond 45º or so, it'll start leaking -- 90º and it basically starts pouring out.

It's working just fine if I can remember to keep it upright, but I keep forgetting.

12. DJ Colonel Corn

@eLefAdEr , yes you have to shove a good amount of cotton into the juice holes like make it tight, or it will leak, and yeah shove that cotton down there.
    I have three and all work well. A bit small, I've found I can't get much bigger than a 3mm coil into it.
    I am now also building with nickel, 28 gauge. I find it easier to work with than kanthal.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    I literally did this less than 2 minutes ago and turned it upside down with the tank 1/4 full. No leaks so far. Thanks for the confirmation, should prevent any more juice tragedies.

14. athens

athens Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    Get a triton rta. I have the saucecode (same as sega tank) and the rba is junk. Hard to build on and the insulators are bent and garbage. Triton is easier to build on and you can easily do vertical coils for much better performance.

15. DJ Colonel Corn

OK, first, this post was created Jun 1, 2015, before many people had any experience with a Triton.
    Anyway glad to hear you found an RTA that you like !

16. athens

athens Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    Nothing bad about updating an old thread once new use comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DJ Colonel Corn

Yeah that's great.
    For some reason all my images have been removed... oh
    OH I see why there are no images.
    I had Adblock on. So if you want to see the images in this thread, disable your Ad Blockers to see the pics.
    Anyway yes everyone should chime in with their newly discovered units !

18. Mercster

Mercster Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I got two of these in the mail today...GREAT! Put one in my Atlantis v2, and the other in my Freemax Starre. It IS a tiny deck, maybe half the size of a STM deck? (It's actually the exact size as an Atlantis coilhead). But it fits like a snug glove in both, and I found it very easy to wick on...haven't had trouble with the insulators yet, time will tell. I figure if I can build 2 coils onto the single-coil clapton deck for the TFV4 Mini, I can slap a coil into this!

I didn't like the Triton RTA, as it is basically just a coilhead that you rebuild, no deck. Also it has been confirmed several times that the Triton RTA coil thing doesn't fit inside of an Atlantis...I dunno who you were telling to get the Triton one.

The Melo 2 RBA section will fit the Atlantis, but it is the same as the Triton, just a rebuildable coilhead.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I got one recently and love it in my Freemax Starre... 28 gauge kanthal, 2.5 mm coil, 1.3 ohm... absolutely fantastic flavor. Wicking secret is definitely stuffing a good amount of cotton into the thing. I'm going to get another one for sure. A very inexpensive rebuildable that I can use in my Starre for killer flavor!

I have the Triton RTA also and have not had the success of the Sega but I'm still early on experimenting with different builds in it and have not tried a vertical build yet which I fully expect to give better flavor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mercster

Mercster Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah it's great in the Starre...I love that the airflow is still so wide open. They can be a little leaky though, I haven't figured out wicking perfectly, I'll try more cotton next time. I haven't built a coil in the Anyvape v2 yet, I'm a little scared with those tight bends...still using the ones they came with :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.