Semi new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin 9

Aug 10, 2018
Hmm, as I mentioned am new to this so bear with me. The O rings, are there 3? One to seal the top of the glass tank, one for the bottom of the glass tank (different shapes) and a smaller black one. The smaller black one, is that used for where the top of the tank screws into the coil? It would seem to me an outer leak could be one of the two larger O rings. Maybe my problem is the smaller black O ring, more of an internal leak, could be causing the gurgling/crackling? Or maybe I am way off base.......

Also the Alien 220 came with a couple larger O rings (larger than the two tank sealing rings), what are those for? Maybe fit a larger tank if you get one?

Finally if I decide to switch to a pen/tube type device, I noticed Smok has one that can use the 3ml baby tank. But when I look at replacement coils it does not list the Q2 .4 ohm. Does that mean the device cannot handle the Q2? That would be a shame as I bought 10 spare Q2s (and 5 X4s, those ARE listed as replacements for the baby tank that comes with the Smok TFV8 pen). I don't see any Smok pen/tube type devices that can use the baby tank and 18650 batteries though, I do prefer replaceable batteries.

That's it for now. I am still testing the Alien 220. I took it apart again, cleaned it out, made sure everything was snug but did not change any O rings yet. The gurgling/crackling is not AS bad but still there. I get some vapor but still seems very hot, and nothing like what I've seen with other mods, those clouds as big as a cloud in the sky ;) I set it on it's side and will let it sit awhile, see if outer leak is fixed. If everything I tried does not work will probably change that small black O ring and see what happens.

Reactions: stols001

Merlin 9

Aug 10, 2018
I'm starting to wonder if there are Alien 220 "clones" now too. I found out why it leaks. Where the glass tube meets the bottom part, there is an O ring. BUT it is not a snug fit, not even close. You can actually move the glass sideways/back and forth a bit. There is no way it CAN'T leak......... The connection to the top part is snug but the O ring looks smaller than pictures I have compared to. So maybe a clone tank, maybe a clone mod, maybe both. Don't know if that poor seal could cause the crackling/gurgling though. And I have no idea what the small black O rings (about 1/4") are for, there is not one installed where the top part screws into the coil, I don't see anywhere they are used. The air vent looks smaller than other pictures I have seen of the baby beast too. I guess avoid ebay for all vaping needs, unless you KNOW the seller. Too bad for me, try to get back into vaping after 5 years, and all this nonsense. I think I will write to Smok, give them the UPC and serial number if there is one and ask them if it is legit.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread