Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
What's the synopsis

that we need to look at lives saves due to vaping instead of banning flavors which will have a negative impact on those adults trying to quit smoking using vaping products and if you just make more stuff illegal instead of enforcing existing laws it will drive more people to use illegal products and could actually make the problem of vaping related illnesses worse than it is now because it could spread beyond the already illegal THC products..

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
that we need to look at lives saves due to vaping instead of banning flavors which will have a negative impact on those adults trying to quit smoking using vaping products and if you just make more stuff illegal instead of enforcing existing laws it will drive more people to use illegal products and could actually make the problem of vaping related illnesses worse than it is now because it could spread beyond the already illegal THC products..
That sounds pretty awesome, I guess I won't hold my breath though. Sometimes on this planet , things are handled the right and logical way.. so you never know.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
If he'd apply as much logic to his economic policies, I'd have hope for him yet! ;)

He does, you don't agree with them, so be it. Is it possible for you to keep your backhanded political comments restricted to the "outside"? Practice some self-restraint.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
He does, you don't agree with them, so be it. Is it possible for you to keep your backhanded political comments restricted to the "outside"? Practice some self-restraint.
@AttyPops
you may find my post funny, but please attempt some modicum of self restraint to what ever degree you find yourself capable. Bones and the Monkey love your stuff on the Outside, leave your political and economic comments where they may have the benefit of your wisdom. This is a vaping discussion, it is not a discussion of your personal economic or political policy preferences.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I didn't discuss them. Thanks.
I commented on a politician (personal...eg about him alone) who is in a political meeting in a political job doing a political process.

I DIDN'T state my political opinions overall, comment on other people here or parties or groups in general. And this guy is, relative to most all the others, an outlier. And he usually makes no damn sense to me. BUT in this case, he nailed it dead bang.

That's all. Post about him. My comment about him. In a thread about him.

Last edited:

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
You know, when I think back to my younger years, flavors aren't the brightest of memories. We were drinking god-awful crap like Mad Dog, wine coolers, even Zima. We didn't give two thoughts about flavor, (other than "ew, Zima, really?") we were after THE BUZZ. I don't see it any different today with vaping. Kids just want the buzz. And they'll find it, whether it's legal or not.

You'd think common sense would win out here somewhere.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Too bad he doesn't have more influence. One out of a hundred doesn't help us much. Still, it was a pleasure listening to a rational discussion instead of the nonsense being spewed by the rest of our political establishment.

He did make one little error. When he talked about 480,000 deaths a year from cigarettes he seemed to stumble and suggest there were "only" 2,000 with vaping illegal stuff. I know it was an oops over cases versus deaths, but hearing "less than 40 deaths" would have been a little nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread