Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
You don't know me and are basing your statements on two comments. I don't appreciate it. (BTW, you could have spelled my name correctly at least.) I'll let you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. I'll just stay away from this thread. How's that?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve been combing over forums like this for the last 5-6 years or so, and some people are stating the same progression of symptoms.

I’m not saying everyone should suddenly stop, as I think vaping is certainly a harm reduction if done safely and correctly. What is terrible for the community are individuals like Anice, who refuse to accept any information that conflicts with her preconceived ideals. It is very clear that some people are developing brochoconstriction and small airway inflammation. Some are getting nasal and sinus inflammation. This can effect diffusion. It’s not rocket surgery.

But on forums like this, people are encouraging the continuation of use in people who are having symptoms. “Just go more VG. Try a little more PG”. It’s absolute insanity.

For those with no ill effect from vaping, by all means, continue and enjoy yourself.

But, there is a portion of us who have lasting airway inflammation from vaping. Believe it or not Anice.
Have you seen a doctor yet or are you just going on gut supposition?

I’ve seen a trend here of some older person with numerous health problems write a missive about a vaguely described ailment which they automatically blame on vaping. The problems are various. Unexplained rashes, breathing problems, stomach ailments, etc..

The one constant is that they do not seem to actually be looking for advice. Whenever any is given it is pushed aside with varying degrees of rudeness. What they seem to want is agreement.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jebbn

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I’ve been combing over forums like this for the last 5-6 years or so, and some people are stating the same progression of symptoms.

I’m not saying everyone should suddenly stop, as I think vaping is certainly a harm reduction if done safely and correctly. What is terrible for the community are individuals like Anice, who refuse to accept any information that conflicts with her preconceived ideals. It is very clear that some people are developing brochoconstriction and small airway inflammation. Some are getting nasal and sinus inflammation. This can effect diffusion. It’s not rocket surgery.

But on forums like this, people are encouraging the continuation of use in people who are having symptoms. “Just go more VG. Try a little more PG”. It’s absolute insanity.

For those with no ill effect from vaping, by all means, continue and enjoy yourself.

But, there is a portion of us who have lasting airway inflammation from vaping. Believe it or not Anice.

I Don't think You, or Anyone else, has the Ability to make a Medical Diagnoses based on what a person Posts on an Internet Forum.

And I Don't appreciate you using a Reply to one of My Posts to Call Out another Member because you Disagree with Her views on this Subject Matter. Or the Way that you are presenting it.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Blanket statements about vaping itself being the cause seem useless to me. Each of us have different sensitivities, some to PG, some to VG and some to flavorings. It seems like common sense to me to cut out flavorings as a first step, as they vary greatly and are irritants in some cases.

No reason to stop vaping altogether due to a sensitivity until you've eliminated some of the variables. That has worked for most all who post here, including myself.

Switching to unflavored seems like a simple first step in finding out where the issue is. Easy as can be.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I always assume its poor diet, too much alcohol and lack of any real exercise, not the vaping thats causing the problems, I find it interesting that other people leap straight to vaping completely bypassing any unhealthy life style choices.

On a side note, Ive never really read any posters who vape flavourless complain about poor health attributed to vaping.

Glassguy

Dec 18, 2018
New member here, so hi everyone! Let me apologize for this long reply I am about to post but there is no way around it and it must be said. I just started Vaping about one week ago and I have noticed that I get mild hiccups and acid reflux from Vaping so far. It's NOT the nicotine because I am Vaping with NO nicotine. And I sure didn't all of the sudden start breathing in this terrible "Dust" everyone claims is to blame and not the "chemicals" that "could be" in the e-liquid itself. It states in the hypersensitivity pneumonitis article as "chemicals"could be the cause and I have definatly added chemicals to my lung diet as far as inhilation goes this past week anyway, and some of this Vaper weather vapor or smoke from a cigarette does get down to the stomach and that's a fact. I think the cognitive dissonance Minded people are saying to anyone with these symptoms that is must be "dust" because they don't want to admit to them selves that it could very well be from the E-liquids. I don't get heart burn. Do I know what acid reflux is... Yes I now exactly what it is in 99% of the cases and I know exactly what it isn't. 99% of the population including your Doctors don't know anything about how the body functions and works. People get alittle heart burn and they or their Doctors feel they need run to the pharmacy and take a pills to kill the acid in their stomach and this is very dangerous as far as I am concerned. That's why so many people are deficient in vitamins and nutrients that takes acid blockers on a regular bases. Your stomach acid must be able to break the food you eat down so when the food hits your intestines, the vitamins, protiens and nutrients can be obsorbed into the body. If the stomach acid ph level isn't acidic enough your food is NOT being broken down and this causes all kinds of health issues. Remember, the health industry and the medical establishment does not make money off of healthy people. Like I said, most of the population including most doctors have no clue what these acid blockers are doing to peoples health. Most think acid reflux is from stomach acid being too acidic and they are in most cases dead wrong on that diagnoses. I think the people Vaping then having Gi issue in fact has something to do with the chemicals, wether it be from the PG,VG, or flavoring or the nicotine BUT for me it's surly not the "nicotine" because again, I don't have any nicotine in my e-juice or liquid. acid reflux, 99% of the time is caused from the stomach acid PH level being to high (meaning not acidic enough) And IMO something in the e-liquid is causing the lower esophageal sphincter to relax and that's what's letting the stomach acid reflux back up into the esophagus. Anyone with heartburn that takes acid blockers... STOP taking that crap!!! Again, Most Doctors do not know that 99% of people with acid reflux is actually suffering from too high of stomach acid PH level (meaning it's not acidic enough for the lower esophageal sphincter to close. Now, Listen closely here folks. In order for your lower esophageal sphincter (looks exactly like your .... hole) to open and close all depends on your stomach acid PH level. If your stomach acid ph level is above 3, your lower esophageal sphincter will not close properly and your food sits in your 98.6 degree stomach and ferments, then it causes gases to build as the fermentation process gets going. So where does those gasses go that builds up as the Food ferments in the stomach?? Well, the Gases rise and when you start belching the gas, stomach acid and food in the stomach acid reflux back up into the lower esophagus where it irritates the lining of the esophagus. So In order for your lower esophageal sphincter to close your stomach acid MUST be below 3 (The lower the ph # the more acidic and the higher the ph # the less acidic) These people taking acid reducing medicine for heart burn or acid reflux are just throwing gas on the fire because their stomach acid is already not acidic enough (in most cases) to break down the food they eat, then on top of that they take acid reducers to lower the acidic level even more and that alone can cause all sorts of health issues. Don't believe me.... Lol ??? please, do yourself a favor and Google Hypochlorhidria and READ!!! Read the symptoms and the causes. Something in these e-liquids is either causing my stomach acid to raise in ph level or it's making my lower esophageal sphincter to relax and it's letting acid reflux back into my lower esophagus. Again, remember, the lower the acidity the higher the ph# and the higher acidity, the lower the PH #. Ya gotta remember this because it's kinda backwards when ya think about it, like everything else in this wacky world we live in. For anyone suffering from acid reflux, your doctor can actually do a test on the PH level of your acid in your stomach in real time and it should be done on everyone they prescribe acid blockers to before prescribing any of that BS medicine. With all that said IMHO I personally think something in this E-liquid is actually causing my lower esophageal sphincter to relax and that's letting my stomach acid reflux back into my esophagus. It's soooo important that people know how the digestive system in our body works. Could there be somthing in the PG,VG, or flavoring that could actually be causing the acid in my stomach to be less acidic, like taking a acid blocker? I really don't think so and without knowing every ingredient that's in the e liquid I can't say. For me I can 100% say it's not the nicotine so to find out for sure it's a trial and error type deal. I think I am going to get just some straight PG, and some straight VG, and try them separately. If neither of them cause this acid reflux issue its gotta be in the flavoring so if this dont stop in the next week I am going to try to find out which of the three are causing it. I Can't do just the flavoring because that needs to be in either PG or VG to vape but I can surely try the PG and VG Seperate just to see if it's one or both causing. Sorry if I ...... anyone off with my long reply. Peace!!!

• Creative
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread