series vs parallel - mod choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
just chose the recommended stuff based on the resistances i was familiar with... everything is premade anyway so how does the complexity of the coil related to my competence.

if someone recommends a decent simple coil i'll go for it sure. i do in fact want to get something kanthal, as i'm not sure how ni80 that i've ordered witht the tank will vape.

between reviews and me asking here and there, every time i look into some coil i am told it's crap.

i was told coilology are good, entered their name and 'kanthal' and these 'fancy' lads were the result and, again, i chose familiar resistances___ though, and here's the crux of all the questions; i have no idea whether that familiarity with a certain resistance will serve anything as i only know it from stocks, so I don't know what chosing .2ohm of X build means for wattage, warmth, etc. factors of the vape.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
just chose the recommended stuff based on the resistances i was familiar with... everything is premade anyway so how does the complexity of the coil related to my competence.

if someone recommends a decent simple coil i'll go for it sure. i do in fact want to get something kanthal, as i'm not sure how ni80 that i've ordered witht the tank will vape.

between reviews and me asking here and there, every time i look into some coil i am told it's crap.

i was told coilology are good, entered their name and 'kanthal' and these 'fancy' lads were the result and, again, i chose familiar resistances___ though, and here's the crux of all the questions; i have no idea whether that familiarity with a certain resistance will serve anything as i only know it from stocks, so I don't know what chosing .2ohm of X build means for wattage, warmth, etc. factors of the vape.

If using a regulated device, I wouldn’t focus on resistance at all. As long as it falls within the limitations of the device, resistance is an arbitrary value. There is much more to a coil than its resistance. 26 awg Kanthal into 1 ohm is a world of difference than 24 awg Kanthal into 1 ohm. Resistance is the same, but the mass is nearly double with the 24 awg therefore it wold require almost double the power to heat within the same duration as the 26 awg.

With a fixed voltage source, such as a mechanical mod, resistance dictates the power output. With a regulated device, you are in control of the power output. 0.5 ohm coil can be vaped at 10 watts, or 100 watts assuming your device is able to deliver. The perfect setting will be the one you enjoy the most.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
If using a regulated device, I wouldn’t focus on resistance at all. As long as it falls within the limitations of the device, resistance is an arbitrary value. There is much more to a coil than its resistance. 26 awg Kanthal into 1 ohm is a world of difference than 24 awg Kanthal into 1 ohm. Resistance is the same, but the mass is nearly double with the 24 awg therefore it wold require almost double the power to heat within the same duration as the 26 awg.

With a fixed voltage source, such as a mechanical mod, resistance dictates the power output. With a regulated device, you are in control of the power output. 0.5 ohm coil can be vaped at 10 watts, or 100 watts assuming your device is able to deliver. The perfect setting will be the one you enjoy the most.

thank you. exactly what i;m asking. useful indeed.

not sure what i should be looking at.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsmit1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread