Serious 18650 Battery question. Need Input Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXXVI

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I was under the impression that the MaH is only a guideline. I have been told that instead of high MaH numbers, it is more important to get "High Drain" batteries. I have 3 AW 18650 3.7v 2000 MaH batteries that , after a year of service, will not hold a charge well anymore. I am considering buying 3 3400 MaH batteries. I am weary of the effect it will have on my Provari. Would this be awesome, or just an enormous waste of money?

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Make sure you get "nipple" top batteries. Flat top will not work in a ProVari. AW IMR are what ProVape recommends for the ProVari and like fanatic205 said, stay away from protected batteries. Li-Mn batteries (AW IMR) are safer chemicals and should be fine.

1 year of use is not unusual with batteries, especially if you re-charge them every day. Try to not run them all the way empty before re-charging.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Recently i have bought a ego V6, and battery using 16430 750mAh (2pcs), but the battery is running out fast which I suspect these battery is not the new one.

Mean I need to purchase a new battery..

Question is.... Can I replace these 2x 16430 battery with 1x 18650 higher mAh?

Need some expect / advise...

They are different size batteries. You need to use the right size battery for your pv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread